Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Winner Winner Waffle Dinner!


First of all, the winner of the The Great Fundraising Act Part 2 for a bag of Warrior Crunch granola…..

I mentioned this in my blog post yesterday!

Congratulations Abby!  Please email me your shipping address and i'll have your delicious bag of granola in the mail. 

Don't worry, if you are bummed you didn't win a bag, you can still jump on the chance to try this amazing granola and also donate to a very worthy cause. 

Just buy a bag for yourself right here!  It's only $5.99 and you'll be giving something so much more.  All proceeds benefit Susan from The Great Balancing Act. You can't loose in this deal, trust me. I've had the granola and I can personally promise you that it's delicious.  

So now, I get a lot of questions about my meal planning and grocery shopping ritual. 

Breakfast 



1/4 C Natures Path Multigrain Flakes, 1/4 C Natures Path Flax Plus Red Berry, Banana, Raspberries, Vegan Bran Raspberry Muffin crumble, Almond Butter, Almond Milk



I am planning on doing an entire post devoted to this topic; however, I'm not going to do so until after the HLS because a lot of what I have to say I am saving for my presentation at the HLS.  I'm speaking on Budgeting for a Healthy Lifestyle and I incorporated many meal planning and grocery shopping tips that I personally abide by.  If you are in town and going to the HLS, please check me out.  Otherwise, I will follow up with a series of posts on my presentation when I get back.


I had a working lunch out with a contact and friend of mine.

I should also preface that I do eat lunch out more than I normally would choose to; however, much of this is due to the nature of my job.  I have a least one or two lunch appointments and lunch meetings a week but I'm not budgeting for them because I don't actually pay for them with my own money.

I didn't take a picture of lunch, but I did snap one of my lunch dessert.

Lunch (dessert) 

So much writing on there for such a small cup.  This would be a Soy Sugar Free Carmel Frappe, no whip and this little guy set me back more than I wish I talk about.  Again, I justify this splurge by stating I did use a gift card.  But if I don't have gift cards and I really want to shell out $5 for a small coffee, I try to limit myself to one or two a week.  

 When I got home from work, I went to what I now consider my thousandth second job….the gym.

I took RPM tonight with my mentor instructor who I'll be shadowing for a few weeks.  It was so great to take this class after going through the training because I felt like a pro!  We're going to spend some time practicing tomorrow so it will be good to get more in.  I'm trying to learn the track as much as I can get my video done and soon have my own class.

I didn't get home until after 7pm and was STARVING.  All I could think about were carbs and nut butter.  Go figure.

Dinner 

2 Natures Path Flax Plus Waffles w/fig, Fig jam, Mighty Maple PB, Banana, Granola, SF Syrup 


Oh heavens this was inhaled but tasted so good.  I have a feeling if I'm doing more teaching at night, you'll be seeing more of these kinds of dinners.  They are super quick, filling and delicious and provide a good balance of nutrients to refuel from a high intensity workout.

Something To Do: 

I'm going on vacation next week but I'm working on putting together some fun posts while I'm gone.  There will be some giveaways, reviews, etc.  If someone would like to do a guest post, I would love to feature you on SWYNTS.  Just shoot me a post by Friday and I'll have it up next week! :) 

Have a fabulous night!


Photobucket