Monday, August 8, 2011

Observations

Monday, August 8th, 2011.


My observations for today…

1. The only people on this earth that can pull off overalls are infants and toddlers.  


2. Trying to run 8 miles after 2 days of back to back all day spin classes isn't easy.  Trying to run 8 miles after 2 days of back to back all day spin classes and not stretching properly is just stupid.  Do as I say, not as I do. 

3. Breakfast is, was, and always will be my favorite meal of the day. 

1/4 C Kashi Go Lean, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla, 1/4 C TJ's Twigs, Banana, Blackberries, Granola, Almond Milk


4. Heavy vegetable induced lunches just don't sit well with me in the afternoons.  In fact, they often make getting through the workdays quite uncomfortable.


5. A mix of carbs and proteins is what works best for me at this meal.

1/2 Carrot Cake Bagel, Cinnamon Raisin PB, 1/2 Mashed banan, granola


6. Smoothies only taste good to me when its hot outside.  The hotter, the better they taste.

Pineapple, Strawberry, Peach with Almond Milk

7. It's 10000x easier to drink your recommended amount of water in a day when you have a cool bottle to sport around.

8. Wine and John Mayer go so well together, especially while your preparing dinner.


9.  My food processor is one of my favorite appliances.  Mainly because it produces amazing sauces like the one below.

Creamy Hummus Avocado Sauce (recipe below)

10. Not being able to digest massive amounts of veggies for lunch only makes me crave them more for dinner.

Creamy Hummus and Vegetable "Spaghetti" Squash Pasta



  • 1 small spaghetti squash (or 1/2 of a large)
  • Chopped Zucchini
  • Chopped Eggplant
  • Tomato
  • Sun Dried Tomato
  • Artichokes
For the Sauce
  • 2 T hummus (I used roasted garlic)
  • 2 T Nutritional Yeast
  • 1/2 C fresh basil
  • 1/2 Avocado 
  • 1 T EVOO
  • 2 T Balsamic
Roast the squash in a 450* oven for 40-45 min.  Meanwhile, prep veggies and throw them in the oven when the squash is about 1/2 way done, reserve the tomatoes and artichokes. 

Prepare the sauce by throwing all ingredients (expect evoo and balsamic) into your food processor or blender.  Pulse to combine and stream in evoo and balsamic until smooth. 

Scrape insides of squash, removed seeds, and place in a bowl.  Toss in sauce and mix until coated.  Top with roasted veggies and a touch of parmesan cheese. 



11. I didn't think I was capable of eating an entire spaghetti squash by myself until tonight. 

12. You only have a few more hours to enter MY GIVEAWAY for a free bag of Nuts About Granola.  Please leave a comment on this post to be entered. I'll be a winner tonight and announce it tomorrow. 

Photobucket