Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vacation Prep


Another day down and one more closer to my Napa vacation.  

It's so close I can nearly taste the wine!!  

When preparing for a vacation, I often find myself doing more multitasking than I usually do.  These days, I seem to be attempting the act of marathon-tasking but somehow, it's all getting done. 

One thing I almost always feel the need to do before vacation is purge the fridge.  I hate the thought of wasting food (especially perishable produce) so I set my goal at the beginning of the week to eat just about every single thing that could potentially go bad before we leave. 

Breakfast 

Natures Path Flax Plus Raisin Bran, Natures Path Flax Multigrain Flakes, Banana, Blueberries, Carrot Cake Vegan Spelt Muffin Pieces, Sunflower Nut Butter, Almond Milk 


For some reason, this particular vacation, I find myself feeling the strong sense that I am forgetting something significant.  Probably because I've been more busy in the past 2 weeks than I have been for months, but regardless, I don't like that feeling.  Hopefully, it's all in my head.

Lunch 

I had an award ceremony luncheon today for my college scholarship winners.  These kids hold a special place in my heart because I hired them and trained them to be upstanding young business professionals in our company.  Today was their farewell lunch.


 (Yes, I know I'm the smallest one against my young "prodigies") 

I've been trying to get as much RPM practice in as I can since I won't be able to do it for a few weeks.  Tonight, I met with one of my mentors at the gym and practiced the release yet again.

That would be 5 straight days of RPM.  My legs are spent. But the good news is that I'll start my team teaching when I get back from vacation.  Hopefully I won't forget it all by then.

Dinner 

Once again, I was starving after RPM (as I usually am) and came home with no dinner plans in mind.  Toly surprised me by coming home early from a business trip he had been on all week so I wanted to spend some time with him.  I raided my freezer and came up with a random assortment that worked.


TJ's Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Sauteed Broccoli, Cranberries over Greens with Balsamic 


Maybe I was just exceedingly hungry, but this was delicious.  Those TJ's gnocchi's are quite magical and could make any dish taste extraordinary.  

I still have some blog work to do tonight but I'm hoping to cross some more things off my to-do list and be one step closer to pure relaxation! 

What do you do to prepare for vacation? Aside from cleaning out the kitchen, I also make many lists to make sure I am not forgetting anything I want to bring.  I need to visually lay it out or else I'll never remember. 

Photobucket