Friday, August 12, 2011

Vacation Starts Now


I did it! 

I got through the past few weeks of hell craziness and made it out alive.  

Tomorrow, we leave for Napa and I can't tell you how thrilled I am at this point.  I plan on spending the entire week eating amazing food, relaxing, seeing the most beautiful sights, and of course, drinking glorious wine at all hours of the day. Bliss. 

Breakfast 

1/4 C Natures Path Flax Plus Multigrain Flakes, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla, 1/4 C Kashi Honey Sunshine, Granola, Banana, Blackberries, Almond Butter 


I had one more day of work to push through and thankfully, I managed to survive.  The day before vacation is always the hardest.  You feel overwhelmed to get it all done but have little motivation to actually do it.

Lunch 


Thankfully, I had a nice lunch opportunity to look forward to that averted some of the workday.  A few of my co-workers decided to take our intern out for her last day.


(Lauren is our intern in the middle) 



We went to Brewhouse which is a great little restaurant/bar that happens to have a gorgeous deck and great food. 

I ordered the Tuscan Tuna Wrap 


Pan Seared Tuna with capers, parsley, olives, tomatoes, arugula, cucumber with a lemon herb vinaigrette 


I was practically skipping out of work today and came home to start packing.  Surprisingly, it didn't take me nearly as long as I imagined to pack but I still have that feeling I'm forgetting something.  Never fails. 

Dinner 

We managed to kill most of the produce tonight with dinner.  The best way to clean out your veggie drawer is to make a huge jass salad so that is exactly what I did. 

Salad for Toly...



Grilled Chicken, Romaine, Tomato, Cucumber, Feta, Grilled Corn 

Salad for me…..

Romaine, Tomatoes, Sun dried Tomatoes, Feta, Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini, hummus, balsamic 

We also starte pre-gaming…..




Do you know what happens when you open an expensive bottle of wine the day before you leave for vacation…..

You drink it all! :) 

Toly and I killed the bottle and now we are feeling fully prepared to enter wine country. 

I have some very exciting posts lined up for when we are away.  I'll try to check in from time to time but I'm not sure on the internet situation in our hotel.  This week is all about relaxing, unwinding, and spending time with my number one squeeze.  We'll be celebrating our 3rd anniversary next week and this trip is all about each other.  We both agree that lately, we've been so busy and going in opposite directions that we both need this time together more than anything so we fully plan on doing just that. 

Have a great weekend and week and I'll catch up with you guys later! 

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!!!  
Photobucket