Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Summer Wind Down



I was walking through the store the other day and noticed something on the end display aisle…

Candy Corn. 

Seriously?  When did fall happen?  Now with football starting, the back to school craze underway, and clothing stores starting to display their autumn collections, it's finally starting to hit me.  

Summer is fading away…..{Insert deep sigh here}

I know one thing is for sure.  I'll be holding on to this summer produce as long as I possibly can. 

Breakfast 
Raspberry Chobani, Peach, Raspberries, Granola, Raspberry Vegan Bran Muffin Crumbles, Almond Butter, Chia



Today the air felt cooler.  Not that it was cold, just a sense of crispness that we usually don't get due to Pennsylvania's awful humidity.

I spent the entire afternoon running around in my car, thus lunch was portable.


Lunch

Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple Smoothie with Protein 


There is just something about the smoothies at Juice n' Java.  I like making my own but their's are always 10x better.  I'm not sure why I can't achieve this at home because I use to make them all the time when I worked here in high school.

A little while later, I ate my favorite Larabar.


And washed it down with this DELICIOUS beverage.


Have you ever had Starbucks Passion Tea? Well this tastes exactly like it and is significantly cheaper.  This bottle was on sale for a dollar but I'm pretty sure they usually run less than $2. 

In my attempts to still eat down the fridge, I managed to work with what I had…

Dinner 
Spinach, Strawberry, Avocado, Sesame Cashews, Cucumber, Balsamic

Egg, Avocado, Cream Cheese and Jam on Blueberry Breakfast Thin

I was thrilled to come home to this little jem on my doorstep…


I know, I'm behind because I'm sure most of you already have Mama Pea's work of art but better late than never.  :) 

Are you looking forward to saying goodbye to summer? - Me, absolutely NOT!!!  I love summer so much that I wouldn't hate having a summer year round.  I need to move to south. 


Photobucket