Thursday, August 4, 2011

Solace in the Kitchen


First and foremost, I need you all to do me a HUGE favor. 

I need you to click on this post and find it in your heart to share this with someone.  In case you missed it yesterday, we've started a second round of The Great Fundraising Act by teaming up with Nuts About Granola and Cancer Warrior to raise money for Susan's relief efforts. 

Sarah, owner of Nuts About Granola, has created a new flavor of granola, Warrior Crunch, and is selling this specifically to raise money for Susan. You can purchase a bag here and the proceeds will go right to Susan.


I am also giving away a free bag of the latest Nuts About Granola, Warrior Crunch and all you have to do is spread the word and let me know on this post.

Contest ends Monday so please don't wait to tell someone about this great cause and help support our fellow blogger and friend.

 Breakfast 

1/4 C Natures Path Flax Plus Raisin Pumpkin Crunch, 1/4 C Natures Path Flax Plus Multigrain Flakes, Banana, Blueberries, Granola, Sunflower Nut Butter, Flax, Hemp Seeds


I know I've been unloading how crazy I've been these past few weeks, but today, I finally felt more grounded.  I had one of those fully productive days where I was able to cross substantial things off my to-do list.

It's still not complete, but I'm getting there.

Lunch 


I had another lunch appointment today and it just so happened to end up being at the same place I went on Tuesday, Cafe Magnolia.

It's a good thing I love this place so much….

I ordered a new wrap today. The Porto Crab Wrap.

Crab Meat, Marinated Portobello Mushrooms, Basil Pesto, Tomato


This was fantastic!  I don't think I've ever had a meal at this place when I wasn't entirely satisfied.

After lunch, I banged out a few more hours of pure work.  It honestly felt great to get so much done but by the time I got in my car to drive home, exhaustion hit me and it hit me hard.  Apparently this week is catching up with me a day early.  I usually don't reach my exhaustion point until Friday.

You'd think being as tired as I was I would have little motivation to cook, let alone cook creatively, but no. Somehow I get more creative in the kitchen when I'm spent in all other areas of my life.

But it wasn't my dinner that was of note.  It was the hubby's.

Toly's Dinner 
Grilled Buffalo Chicken and Egg Sammie 

 Seriously, I have no idea where this came from.  I had already pulled chicken out for him tonight but when I started to cook, he asked if he could have BFD (breakfast for dinner).  I wanted to make him happy of course, so I thought of a way to incorporate both.

This masterpiece consisted of grilled buffalo chicken, a feta and cream cheese spread, sliced tomato, colby jack cheese, and an over easy egg.


He was utterly speechless.


My dinner was great but obviously not as mind blowing as his.

I made myself a Quinoa and Grilled Vegetable Salad.

Grilled Veggies (eggplant, squash, zucchini, mushrooms), quinoa, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, feta, hummus and balsamic


Lastly, I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate your support from my last post on negative commenters.  Many of you wrote me personally and others gave me so much understanding that I could hardly think of the words to say to express how grateful I was.  

As always, you leave my heart full! 

What is your form of relief when you are feeling overwhelmed?  For me, it's cooking (apparently), working out and music. 

Photobucket