Monday, August 1, 2011

My Month of Insanity Begins


Welcome to August! 

This is going to be one of the craziest month's of my life, but I'm ready! 

Allow me to recap the forthcomings that are about to take place over the next 30 days….

This weekend, I will be emerged in heart pounding RPM training to obtain my spin certification.  Next weekend we leave for Napa for our vacation.  Toly and I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary.  The day I get back from Napa, I turn around and head to Philly for the HLS.  

And, this happens to be the busiest time at work.  Seriously, I feel like my head is spinning but in a good way.  It's all so wonderful and I feel like my anxiousness is more excitement at this point.  

Breakfast 

1/4 C Nature's Path Multigrain Flakes, 1/4 C Kashi Go Lean, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla, Banana, Raspberries, Almond Butter, Almond Milk, Granola 



I actually don't mind being busy.  I thrive off of an overloaded task list but when I start to feel like things get out of control, I start to freak out a little.

Hopefully by the time you all come and see my speak at the HLS, I will still have my sanity.  I can't make any promises but I'll do my best to maintain composure. ;)

Lunch 
Smoothie: Peaches, Strawberries, Banana with Almond Milk and Sun Warrior Protein Powder


I originally intended to make a wrap but the tortilla was a bit past its prime and the wrap didn't exactly roll the way I wanted to.  Solution, make a pizza.

Ezekiel Wrap, Roasted Red Pepper Spread, Broccoli, Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Hummus 

I baked this for abut 10 min and patted myself on the back for coming up with such a brilliant idea.


Dinner 


I have been loving the new Pinterest website.  Have you tried it yet?  You basically can bookmark any website or page that you want to remember and post them into your own personal dashboard collection.

A few days ago, I saw this recipe on Emily's Blog for Strawberry Basil Pesto and Pined it right away.


I followed her recipe exactly but switched up the pasta salad by using Wheat Berries, Zucchini, Spinach and Goat Cheese.


Toly grilled some Wild Sockeye Salmon and asparagus to accompany the meal.


The salmon was marinated in a strawberry balsamic sauce that I created with pureed strawberries and balsamic vinegar.


This was incredible.  Toly was a bit nervous at first because this kind of goes out of his comfort zone, but he ended up with a clean plate and a happy belly.


I'm off to go make one huge To-Do List for the entire month.  I work best with lists so this should be fun. 

What do you do when feel stressed with too many tasks?  I lay everything out there and then start to asses the situation by prioritizing and then taking action. 


Photobucket