Wednesday, July 13, 2011

When I Grow Up


When I was young, I wanted to be many things.  Some of my most memorable career aspirations were "checker" (grocery store cashier), dog groomer, and tap dancer. (don't ask) As I grew older, so did my goals thankfully.  

Not that there is anything wrong with the above mentioned; however, I have always been incredibly ambitious in what I wanted to achieve out of life. 

Looking back, I can honestly say that almost everything I set out to do, I have at least tried.  Toly says that I am an extremely passionate person but sometimes my passions get in the way of practicality. I agree, I do have the mindset to "Go Big or Go Home" when it comes to pretty much anything I am doing, but I also feel that my dedication is what makes me who I am.  

Breakfast 

1/4 C Natures Path Flakes, 1/2 C TJ's Raisin Bran, Banana, Blueberries, Mighty Maple, Almond Milk 


I am in no way thinking of changing my career anytime soon, simply just adding to it. I love what I do, I love that I get to pour my passion into my work every day, and I love being able to share my own experiences with thousands of people every year, but I want more.  I always want more.

Lunch 

With Whole Wheat Toast with Hummus

I'm ready to add another defining feature to my profile.  I'm not exactly sure what this will be yet but I feel I'm growing up and with age comes definition.

Dinner

Salad: Apples, Strawberries, Cashews, Feta, Cabbage 

Grilled Fig and Balsamic Portobello Pizza 

  • Whole Wheat Naan 
  • 1 LC Blue Cheese Wedge
  • 2 T Fig and Hazelnut Spread
  • Spinach
  • Fresh Figs
  • Grilled Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms
  • Balsamic Glaze



This was one of the best creations I've made!  Grilled figs, blue cheese, and balsamic…that's all I can say.



Sometimes, we control the things we become and other times, we are handed our fate.  There are a few things I want to go for on my own and a few things I am placing in fate's hands.  I'll just have to see what happens and hope for the best.  I always do. 

Photobucket