Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sex or Boredom?


I need to start off this post with a questions for you all…..

So, the majority of my job includes speaking and conducting presentations for large groups of people.  90% of the time, I use PowerPoints to relay my message.  They seem to work, I've never really had any complaints.  But today, my coworker sent me an article she had read that most people would rather give up sex for a year than sit through a PowerPoint presentation!  Seriously, they have done a ligit study on this and it's true.  1/3 of the people surveyed admitted to falling asleep on multiple occasions during these kind of seminars. 

So my dilemma is that for my presentation for the Healthy Living Summit I was planning on doing a PPT.  Now, I'm second guessing this.  

Be honest, will you all fall asleep if I bore you with a few slides during my speech? Any other suggestions as to how I can spice it up?  I have a few tricks up my sleeve (I've been doing this for awhile so I do know a few things) but if there is anything you want to know PARTICULARLY about Budgeting for a Healthy Lifestyle, please let me know.  I want to deliver something that you can use, that you will find interesting and that will especially not put you to sleep. :) 

Breakfast 

Yogurt bowls are making their way back into my life.  I hesitated with dairy all together for the past few weeks because I was noticing some increasing sensitivity with my stomach, but it seems to be getting better.  Just as long as I only incorporate small amounts.  For example, when I post a yogurt bowl, please keep in mind I usually only use 1/2 a 6oz container of Chobani.  The reason being because that is all about my stomach can handle and I don't want to push it. 

Pom Chobani, Kashi Island Vanilla, Banana, Kiwi, Berries, Crumbled Berry Muffin, White Chocolate Wonderful 



I love yogurt at breakfast and I especially love how full it keeps me all morning.  It's sticks to your ribs. 

Fun lunch date today! 


I met up with Karen at one of my favorite local coffee shops, Juice n' Java.  Karen might be working right beside my office soon so I told her I would take her to some of the favorite lunch spots right around work.  Lunch is a very important aspect of the working day after all. 

I raved about the smoothies so naturally, we had to order some.  (I love that Karen is in total blogger action in the background here) 

Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple with Protein (I think they changed the Protein Powder though because this tasted weird) 

 I went with 1/2 of a Veggie Wrap to eat.  I do love these but just wish they had hummus.  It would make it 1000x better.


Karen and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch and had a great time catching up.  We are planning to travel to Philly together for the HLS so it will be so nice to have someone to ride with.


Dinner 


Was spectacular!!!

Ever since I had that grilled swordfish on Father's Day, I've been craving it, so this week, I picked up two steaks to grill.


I served them kabob style glazed in a sweet teriyaki sauce.


On the side there was Coconut Mango Rice and grilled squash.

Oh my, this was good!  I don't eat swordfish often but it's a nice change.  I really enjoyed the meaty texture, kind of like tuna, and paired with the sweet sauce, it rocked!

Coconut rice is also a new favorite of mine.  To make this, I simply add 1/2 C of coconut milk to brown rice and let it cook for a few minutes.  Then I added mango and edamame for some extra excitement.

I think I need to start working on my boring presentation regardless of what I do.  I haven't had much time to think about it and I realize its quickly sneaking up on me. ;)

Have a good night!


Photobucket