Monday, July 11, 2011

It's a Brand New Day!

Happy Monday!! 

As much as I love the weekends, I really do enjoy starting a fresh week.  It's probably my natural disposition towards having a solid routine that gives me such an optimistic outlook. 

Not gonna lie, the thought of digging into my usual breakfast bowls is a huge motivator to get things going. 

Breakfast 

1/4 C Kashi Go Lean, 1/4 C Kashi Honey Sunshine, 1/4 C Natures Path Flax Flakes, Berries, Banana, Crumbled Berry Muffin piece, Almond Milk, Sunflower Seed Butter 



I powered through a pile of work this morning in the office.  I'm getting ready to head to Pittsburgh for a conference soon, so I need to get caught up and well ahead of myself in these next two weeks.

I came home for lunch before heading out for some meetings….

Lunch

Spinach, Romaine, Cucumber, Yellow Pepper, Asparagus, Nectarine, Strawberries, Sesame Cashews, Peas

After a few meetings, I treated myself to a frappe on the way back to the office.  I thought I loved Iced Coffee but Frappes are like a coffee milkshake.  I usually never even thought about ordering these because I assumed they were made with dairy but recently,  I found a few places that will make them with soy milk.  Fallen in love!

Dinner 


I've had a craving for Gazpacho so I pulled out the recipe I made last summer and got to it.


Chunky Tomato Gazpacho with Grilled Shrimp and Avocado 





  • 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
  • 1 Cucumber, Diced
  • 1 Zucchini, Diced
  • 1/2 Green Pepper, Diced
  • Jared Roasted Rep Peppers
  • 5 Tomatoes, Diced
  • 2 cloves of Garlic, Minced
  • 2 TBL Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 Cup of v8 Vegetable Juice, Spicy Flavor (if you can find it)
  • 6 splashes of Hot Sauce
  • Salt, Pepper
Combine all ingredients in a food processor, reserving 1/2 of the chopped veggies.  Process mixture until smooth.  Add remaining chopped veggies and stir.  Chill for a few hours. 

I left out the red onion because I didn't have any.  I also forgot to add fresh basil which would have been great in this so instead, I remembered to use it as a garnish.  Another fantastic garnish, crumbled feta! 




In case you're wondering, Toly is not a fan of cold vegetable soup.  He is in fact a fan of Grilled Shrimp Fettucini Alfredo which is exactly what he was served tonight. 



I'm not a chef but I'd say this dinner is worth paying for.  

I hope you started this week off right, but just in case you didn't, tomorrow is a brand new day! 

Which is worse, Monday Blues or Sunday Night blues? For some reason, I hate Sunday nights because of the anticipation of Monday, but then I actually embrace the start of the week when it does come around. Go figure. 


Photobucket