Friday, July 29, 2011

Road Side Fruit


Even though I only had one real day of work this week, this Friday was welcomed more than most.  Probably because I had a very fulfilling but exhausting week.  As much as I love going away and learning new things, it does take its toll.

Next weekend, I get to do it all over again when I go for my RPM (spinning) certification.  I guess in that sense, I'll be not only mentally exhausted but physically spent too. It's a weird obsession isn't it?

I was very excited for my normal fruit and yogurt bowl this morning.


I managed to eat good bowls of cereal while I was away, thanks to my planning ahead, but things just aren't the same without greek yogurt and nut butter.

1/4 C dry oats, peach chobani, peach, blackberries, almond butter, chia, 2 T Kashi Go lean crunch


We had zero fruit in the house but yesterday, when I stopped to pee on my road trip home, I found a rest stop with some fruit stands.  I would be lying if I told you I almost forgot to actually pee and went right for the fruit.  As I picked up a few essentials, I realized that I am one of those people who buys fruit from a truck stop. No shame!

Even though the fruit sustained my breakfast, no veggies meant lunch would have to rely on some help.

I grabbed lunch with my friend at Panera.

I was so pleased to see my favorite salad back on the menu.


I also decided to try their new Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. Every time I hear the commercials for it, I always want one.  I figured the only way to cure that desire would be to try it for myself.  


Quite tasty.  It tasted like a virgin strawberry daiquiri. 


 After lunch, I paid my dear friend and owner of Cornerstone Coffee House a visit to pick up the granola she contributed to The Great Fundraising Act.

Sue is one of the sweetest people I know and never lets me leave her shop empty handed.  Today, she surprised me with one of the most delicious cookies I've ever had….


I couldn't wait to dig into this.  It was incredible!!!



I proceeded to eat 1/2 of one and saved the other 1/2 for Toly.  He even loved it which is saying a lot considering the word wheat germ is one of the main ingredients.

After a long day of catch up in the office, I came home with the intentions of grilling dinner.

Rain put a stop to that plan.

Plan B…..

Tj's Veggie Masala Burgers


I always forget how much I like these.  I added a nice amount of TJ's Roasted Red Pepper Spread and some greek yogurt mixed with dijon.

Oh, and another thing I picked up from the trucker fruit stand….corn.  It was the best corn we've had all season.


Definitely looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. 

Where is the craziest place you've bought food from? - I once paid a little amish boy $3 to go fetch me a dozen eggs from his backyard.  He did it too! 


Photobucket