Saturday, July 30, 2011

Do What You Love, Love What You Do


I have always been a firm believer in doing what you love and not settling for anything less. I find it completely heartbreaking to hear that so many people are unhappy or unfulfilled with what they are doing in life.  

I do understand that there are situations when you have to make ends meet; therefore, you may have to take a few punches before you reach the top, but I also feel that no matter what you want in life, it is entirely obtainable if you have one simple thing….drive. 

Cliche it may sound, but if you truly desire to be or do something, you will use every possible measure to get it and you won't stop until you do.  Don't take no for an answer.  Don't settle for being under appreciated.  Don't ever be afraid to put yourself out there. 

If you are not living with purpose than you are simply just existing.  You are more than that. 



I've been feeling strongly about this topic lately.  Mainly because I speak to so many young people who have their whole lives ahead of them but are living in doubt.  It goes beyond teens though.  How many people do you know that say they are unhappy with their jobs, their appearance, their home life?  I could name a handful just from the top of my head.  I think we put way too much pressure on ourselves by placing our self worth into how we are measured by others.  

Bottom line….do what makes you happy.  Don't question it, don't fight it, just live it. 

Breakfast 

I had my usual pre-workout breakfast before Spin and Body Pump this morning. 


WW Bagel Thin with Sunflower Seed Butter and granola 


Fruit 

This combo always works to fuel me through 2 hours of hard work.

I had some errands to run this afternoon and decided to grab lunch out.

Lunch 
(recycled photo)

I had a coupon for a free smoothie from Juice n' Java which sounded perfect.  It was hot, I was on the go and these are banging.  I ordered my usual, Strawberry, Pineapple, Banana with protein. 


Dinner


Grilled Tofu Greek Salad



It has been awhile since we've been able to use the grill so I wanted to make up for lost time.

Grilled tofu is amazing by the way if you haven't tried it.


What else is amazing is grilled veggies, salty feta, chewy sundried tomatoes, flavorful olives and creamy hummus.


No matter where you are at in your life, my one hope for all of you is that you have self fulfillment in just one thing that you practice.  It doesn't matter what that is, just as long as you do it for you and you do it because you love it.



Have you ever left a job or a situation in life simply because you weren't happy?  Did you feel liberated doing so? 

Photobucket