Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pursuing Polenta


Thank you for all of your supportive comments from my last post on deciding to get my RPM Certification.  Most of you agree that if this is something I really want to do, than I should go for it because I may not have the opportunity again. 

I think before I jump into anything rash (which is how I usually act) I am going to take a few more days to think about it.  I also need to talk to my gym to make sure they will still sponsor me but I will keep you updated. 

Breakfast 

1/4 C TJ's Raisin Bran, 1/4 C Kashi H2H, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla Wheat, Banana, Blackberries, Almond Milk, Love Grown Granola, hemp and chia seeds

 I know most people don't like mushy cereal but I actually love it!  I love using a little shredded wheat for the mere fact that is turns into a big pile of mush in the bowl.

Lunch was fantastic!

Lunch 

Leftover grilled veggies and tofu with cous cous on a bed of greens with balsamic, hummus, feta, and sundried tomatoes


Felt the need for a Kombucha fix as well.  Sadly, this is about the seventh Kombucha I've bought that has exploded when I opened it.  Not a fan of loosing 1/2 of a $5 bottle of fermented tea.  What is up Kombucha?

Regardless of the mess, this lunch stole my heart.  I couldn't have imagined a more perfect salad.

Recently, I've been determined to cook with polenta.  I'm not exactly sure where this came from, but somewhere along the lines, I apparently developed an interest for it and since I don't recall ever cooking with it, I have been interested to try.


The dish I wanted to make called for a Roasted Red Pepper Pesto.  I had every intention of pulling out my food processor when I saw this in my pantry.


Totally forgot I had it!  This is just as good if not better than any pesto I would make.  Thank you Trader Joes!

Dinner 
Sundried Tomato Egg White Frittata over Sundried Tomato Polenta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Roasted Asparagus 

This may look and sound complicated but it was a cinch to make and so freaking amazing! 

Here is what I did…..

For the Frittata:
3 Egg Whites
1 LC Garlic Herb Wedge
Fresh Basil 
Chopped Sundried tomatoes 

Combine in a microwave safe dish and cook in the microwave for 2 min. 

The polenta was a store bought organic brand and all I did was slice it and bake at 450 for 20 min.  (Along with the asparagus) 



Guess I really like polenta!  It's organic, gluten and dairy free so my stomach really likes it too.  I need to think of more ways to use it so if anyone has any great recipes, please let me know. 

Have you experimented with a new food lately? 

Photobucket