Friday, July 8, 2011

Blame It On The Rain


Throughout my life, I have been given many opportunities.  Trust me, I am grateful for every single one that has come my way. People have believed in me, given me a chance, even a second chance at times.  This is not something I ever want to take for granted. 

Although I feel blessed by the favorable circumstances I have been granted, I also believe that much of the reasoning of my success comes from my own personal drive and passion.  Anyone can believe in you, but it takes you believing in yourself to make things happen. 

Breakfast 

1/4 C Natures Path Multigrain Flakes, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla Wheat, 1/4 C Kashi Go Lean, Banana, Raspberries, Chia, 1 T Natures Path Vanilla Almond Granola, Almond Milk 


Lately, I've been moved by the power of our generation.  We truly are ever evolving and capable of more than this world could ever comprehend.  I work with a group of young, passionate, and extremely talented people.  We all work together in such a way that allows us to connect beautifully and produce great work.  I'm lucky.  

Today, I had the pleasure of having lunch with a few of these great people. 

We went to a local gourmet pizza shop that is near our office. 


I love that this place has La Croix and in glass bottles. 


 It was actually pretty nasty outside today, so the Seafood Chowder sounded all too good.


I also love the salads here.  They specialize in chopped salads that are quite impressive.  I ordered the Fruit and Nut which had dried cherries, walnuts and goat cheese.

Here is that group I was telling you about…

Zach, Candice, Doug 

Me, Bryce (not looking on purpose because he thinks it makes him look cooler), Audi 

These people are more than just my co-workers, they are my good friends and I value the opportunity to work with them.

I spent most of my working day on the road in pretty awful driving conditions.  The combination of the travel, long week, and rain make me extremely exhausted by the end of the day.

I was planning to go to Body Pump, but after getting home from being in my car, the last thing I wanted to do was to jump back in and drive to the gym.  I opted for some Ab work in my basement instead and did not regret that decision one bit.

Dinner 


I poorly planned to grill burgers for an easy dinner tonight, but the rain put a damper in that. We still had burgers, just not the entire BBQ effect.

Homemade Blackbean Portobello Burger 



Still delicious! 

I think I may call it a night a little earlier tonight.  I swear the rain always kills my energy plus I have a date with a 7am spin class in the am! 

Goodnight! 

Do you like the people you work with? 

Photobucket