Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Me? A Spinning Instructor?


I am perplexed! 

As most of you know, last fall, I obtained my Group Fitness Instruction Certification through AAAI/ISMA.  Since the fall, I've been dying to teach!!!  

I am a natural leader.  I love being in front of people.  I love to inspire, motivate and educate others, especially in the aspects of healthy living and fitness. 

So what is the problem? 

Well, my gym offers Les Mills classes which means I need to obtain a more specific certification in a Les Mills program.  These programs range from Body Pump, to Body Attack to Body Combat to Body Flow to Body Step.  I have taken all of the classes and I love almost all of them.  For the past few months, I've been anxiously awaiting for a initial training to come local so that I could afford to go.  The problem is that nothing was coming up that was within driving distance. (The Les Mills trainings are already pretty pricy so I didn't want to have to worry about shelling out more bucks for a hotel room and gas)  

Well, last night, I saw that RPM training (Les Mills version of spin) is coming to my area!  For the past few months, I've been taking RPM and absolutely LOVING it.  I use to think I wasn't that good, but over the course of time, I think I've finally got the hang of the bike and I feel like I only want to learn more and get better.  

So, I'm perplexed because I really want to go to this training and get certified in RPM but I'm still not 100% sold. It's offered the first weekend in August and my month of August is already pretty insane.  Plus, I always envisioned myself starting off with something like Pump or Attack.  Do I really have what it takes to be a spin instructor?  They are so bad ass! 

Lately, I think the reason I've been developing such an affection for Spin is because it is so high endurance and intense.  Being a runner, I thrive on that type of workout.  

I am going to take some time to think it over but I would love your thoughts.  Anyone happen to have their RPM or Spinning certification? Should I do it??? 

Breakfast 
 Natures Path Multigrain Flakes, Peach, Blackberries, Peach Chobani, Love Grown Granola, Chia, Almond Butter


I haven't been eating yogurt for breakfast in quite a long time because I've been noticing my tolerance for dairy is getting more and more sensitive.  When I do have it, I remember how much I miss having it almost every day.  If I space it out to once or twice a week, I am usually all good.

My dear friend and co-worker, Audi took a little trip yesterday and came back with gifts…...


I've been telling her about Trader Joe's for months and she finally got the chance to experience the land of all things good last night.  Being the sweet friend that she is, she came back with a few of my favorite items as well as a few new things.  The guacamole hummus being one of them!  I've been wanting to try this for a long time but every time I go, they are out of it.

Lunch 


I ate the rest of the Southwestern Black Bean and Mango Quinoa salad on a bed of greens and added some hummus and salsa.  This was perfect because as I was eating this last night, I realized that it was severely missing avocado so the hummus was a perfect touch.


Dinner 


During the summer, our grill gets more use than any other appliance.  We grill out almost every night and tonight was no exception.

Grilled Tofu with Bruschetta...


Toly had chicken….

 I made a batch of garlic roasted cous cous to be served with the tofu and also a medley of grilled vegetables with a side of hummus.  It was a fantastic meal!


I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday!  Usually, 4 day weeks are not this fast paced but I will not question a good thing. :) 

Bye for now! 

Photobucket