Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Inspired by Words


I am known in the office as being the go-to person for party planning, ideas, and providing random little acts of kindness for the rest of my co-workers.  I really do work with the best group of people so the fact that they appreciate these small advances makes it easy to willingly come up with new things to shed some joy in our environment. 

Most recent project: The Inspiration Wall 


My friend and co-worker, Audi and I came up with this idea a few weeks ago.  We started collecting quotes and begun posting them all over the cubical walls in our department.  Now, when people walk by, they can stop a read a little pick-me-up that will hopefully provide a little encouragement and delight into their day.

Quotes have always inspired me.  Maybe it's because I have always been in love with words and being an English major, I have a deep appreciation for expressing emotion through writing.  Someone's once said thoughts can be the most powerful thing in your day.

Breakfast 

1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla Wheat, 1/4 C Kashi Honey Sunshine, 1/4 C Natures Path Multigrain Flakes, Berries, Almond Butter, Chia, hemp seeds, Almond Milk 


Let's take for example the following quote….

"If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Emerson remains one of my favorite late authors.  Something about his language has always spoken to me and I particularly seem to always find a quote that resonates with any issue of life- happiness, remorse, jealously, guilt, accomplishment.

Lunch 

Buffalo Tuna: 1 pouch of Tuna, 1 T Buffalo Hummus, 2 tsp Hot sauce
On a bed of greens, cucumber, tomato, carrot, broccoli and peas 



"But life is long. And it is the long run that balances the short flare of interest and passion. "

Another one of my favorites.  Plath is incredibly cryptic and abstruse which I think is the reason why I adore her writing.  She defied the typical female author of her day by bypassing romance and fairytale and diving into levels of unconventional suspense. 
By the way, The Bell Jar is a fantastic read if you are looking for a good summer novel. 

Dinner 



With added Grilled Shrimp, Pineapple and Zucchini 

I will leave you with my all time favorite quote coming from the legendary man of verse…..

"If music be the food of love, play on." 
William Shakespeare 

Bonus points if you can tell me what play this comes from. 



Photobucket