Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Getting Down to Business in Pittsburgh


Hey everyone! 

I can't stay long, but I just wanted to give a quick update on what's been going on this week.

In case you missed it, I'm in Pittsburgh for a work conference all week, which is why my posting is a bit erratic. 

I left Monday morning but not before filling up with a hearty breakfast of fruit, oats and yogurt. 




Raw Oats, Peach, Blackberries (both fresh from the market), 2 T Kashi Go Lean, 1 tsp Sun Flower Seed Butter


I made it 2 hours before I had to stop to pee and then completely cancelled out the bathroom break with a tall soy sf carmel latte.

After a freak rain storm and a bit of traffic, I finally arrived in the city.


I'm staying at a Marriott which is nice.




I got settled in and then sought out some food.  Since it was still raining fairly hard, I decided to check out the hotel options and found a little bar in the lobby that seemed to have a decent menu.

Salmon Burger with a side salad 

 To which I turned into a salmon salad.  Perfect! 

The rest of the night was spent attending some conference sessions and networking events.  During the reception, I found out that my presentation was moved from a break out to the opening general session for today's agenda!! Apparently, there were people who had been flown in from around the country just to hear my particular presentation, so now I would be speaking to the entire conference.  No pressure!

A lot of people went out, but I decided to do the responsible thing and stay in to re-work my presentation and go over my notes.

 Room service it was!

Thankfully, there was a black bean burger on the menu which sounded okay at the time.


I aso orded a large plate of fruit to keep me energized through the night.

I ended up working late but managed to pull it all together.

This morning went so well.  I was told by many that it was one of the best presentations they had ever been to.  Can't get much better feedback than that!


Back to work I go! 

Hope you're having a great week so far! 


Photobucket