Sunday, July 3, 2011

And So It Continues….


I don't want this weekend to end! It's been near perfect with parties, friends, hiking, swimming, grilling, and much more.  And we still have another day of picnics tomorrow.  

This morning, we slept in.  Well, Toly slept in.  I was woken by a cold wet tongue licking the side of my face.  Figures my only day I allow myself to really sleep is just not to be. 

Sunday Morning Breakfast 

Strawberry Banana Yogurt Pancakes 



I used a Hodgson's Mill mix and added 1/2 a mashed banana, sliced strawberries, and 1/2 a container of Chobani Strawberry Banana yogurt into the batter.

The result was unbelievable.  I usually have the yogurt on top of the cakes, but never mixed right in.

 I did, however save a little yogurt to top the pancakes.  Quite delightful.

Later on, we decided to continue a 4th of July tradition that we started a few years ago with our annual Independence Day Hike.


By the time we hit the trail, it was quite humid but the trees did a nice job at providing enough shade for us to manage an hour hike and almost 3 miles.





Apples for fuel were eaten half way in.




We finished hot, tired and sweaty, so when my friend called me to see if we wanted to come over and take a dip in her pool, it was a no brainer.

Even Sammy couldn't resist….


Sammy HATES water.  As you can tell from his near death look in his eyes, he had a traumatizing experience.


Dinner

We kept things pretty light and casual for dinner starting with a large salad.

Spinach, Blueberries, Kiwi, Cabbage, Cranberries, Feta, Sesame Cashews

Grilled Pita Pizza's 


Mine was topped simply with fresh tomatoes, basil and hummus.



I'm actually feeling pretty sore from that hike.  It amazes me how good of a workout hiking can be.  I spend all week running 50 miles but I climb up a mountain and I feel it for days. 

Let the weekend continue! 

What is your favorite outdoor activity in the summer? I definitely LOVE to hike but sometimes nothing compares to talking a long walk on a warm summer night. 

Photobucket