Saturday, June 18, 2011

Will Run For Chocolate


These summer weekends are occurring far too fast my friends. I honestly can't seem to take them all in fast enough before they are over.  

I didn't have a chance to post last night because by the time I got home, I could barely keep my eyes open.  I went over to my girl friend's house where we enjoyed a night of sushi, wine, and girl talk.  Fantastic it was! 

Friday Breakfast 



1/2 C Vanilla Chobani, Diced Apple, Blackberries, Granola, Honey Apple Butter

Small Slice of Strawberry Bread and Strawberries 

Friday Lunch 
Leftovers in the salad form: Black Bean Mango Salad, Tilapia, Grilled Veggies


I had to eat this quickly at my desk before I headed out for the rest of the afternoon.


This morning, I was surprised at how well I awoke considering how exhausted I was last night.  I was up early to get ready for the Chocolate Miracle 5k Race I randomly signed up for last week.

Toly came with me which is always nice to have him there to cheer me on.  After I checked in, I ran into a fellow blogger and friend, Karen.


Aside from having Toly there to support me, it's also nice to have my own photographer.  He was able to get some good shots of the race.



We're off…..


The race itself was a good one.  We ran right past the Reese PB Cup Factory where the aroma of melted chocolate and peanut butter filled the air.  It was quite a little pick me up during the first mile. 


Finishing strong….

 I ended up crossing the line at 25:32.  Not too bad considering I have not done ANY speed work in months.

Soon after I finished, I ran into another blog reader, Victoria She recognized me and came over to say hi!  It was great to see a few fellow bloggers at this race and I hope we can do more together soon.

After the race, we headed to a nearby favorite coffee shop of mine, The Coco Beanery. 

Whole Wheat Bagel with Peanut Butter and Banana and Iced Coffee

Toly and I spent the remainder of the morning running errands.  We hit up Home Depot, Wegmans and the Farmers Market.  Not a bad day….

I was beyond excited to see how incredible the fresh berries looked at the market…..

Local and Home Grown Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries 

We grabbed some smoothies for lunch but we were both ready for an early dinner.

I made some incredible Black Bean Mushroom Burgers.


The burgers were some of my best.  I added diced portobello mushrooms and roasted red peppers into the mix this time.  Incredible!

I layered on some homemade guac and fresh tomato all piled on a whole wheat bun.


Burgers, Beer and Kale.  Every girl's dream…..


This was the first Saturday in awhile that Toly and I spent the entire day together.  We usually do our own thing on Saturday mornings but I have to say, it was nice to spend time the morning with him.  We are now getting ready to watch a movie and call it a night.  

Don't forget to celebrate your Dad tomorrow!  Even if your dad is not here (mine is out of the country at the moment), take a moment to honor him in some way. I actually wrote my dad a letter to open tomorrow while he is in Ecuador. Since he has no contact with his family for the next week, I thought this would be a great way to tell him how much I love him on Fathers Day. 

Photobucket