Thursday, June 16, 2011

Feels Like Rain


After a week of gorgeous weather, it figures the one day I actually wanted it to be nice it had to rain all day.

Breakfast 

1/4 C TJ's Raisin Bran, 1/4 C Flax Flakes, 2 T Love Grown, Banana, Berries, Sunflowernut Butter, Almond milk 

I was actually thinking this morning how much I deeply love the months of June, July and August.  I just wish they were longer.  The summer always seems to vanish before my eyes. Much like this wrap….

Lunch 

Ezekiel Wrap, Kale, Sprouts, Roasted Red Pepers, Hummus


I also made a 1/2 sized smoothie.

Frozen Mango, Pineapple, Kiwi, Spinach, Protein, Chia


So back to this rain.  The reason I was hoping it would hold off is because we were having my parents over for dinner and I had big plans to grill out and eat out to have them enjoy our new fenced in back yard.

Even though we could not enjoy a full outdoor BBQ, I still went with the menu as planned….

Dinner 

Fish tacos!

I put together my famous Black Bean Mango Salad (my dad's favorite)



Grilled Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers, Mango Salsa, homemade guacamole



 We also grilled some corn (which was meh, corn isn't the best yet) and had a few tortillas chips on the side.

We were celebrating Fathers Day since my dad is leaving this Saturday for a week long mission's trip to Ecuador. 


All together, a wonderful night. 

TGIAF!!!! 


Photobucket