Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weird Day


Today was weird. 

Not bad weird, just a little odd. 

Let's start from the beginning, shall we? 

I slept in as I usually do on Sunday mornings.  7:30am felt beautiful. 

I stumbled downstairs, grabbed the papper, checked some email, and then thought about breakfast…..

Whipped Banana Oats, Berries, Sunflower nut Butter, Granola (just a sprinkle) 

}}}}So today, I discovered that by adding frozen ripe banana right into the hot pan allows the banana to melt into the oats and turns them into a sweet creamy consistency of bliss.  This was one of the best bowls I've made in awhile.}}}}


I made Toly and I some massive Iced Coffees in my new beer glasses I scored at the Dollar Store last week.  Love these for iced coffee, not so much for beer.


Then, as I was about to get ready for Body Pump, I checked my computer one last time and saw that my gym had just posted on FaceBook that ALL SUNDAY classes for the remainder of the summer were cancelled.  Say what??  This is terrible!  I absolutely love my Sunday Body Pump and I suddenly felt like my whole schedule was off.

I guess I'll have to find a new time to do Body Pump.  They offer a class on Tuesday nights and I might see how that works for me but I sure will miss Sunday morning strength.

I didn't sweat it too much, well actually I did.  I decided to sweat it out with some Shaun T and boy did I sweat.  Love that man but I can never do these workouts without a shower to follow.

I hit the grocery store next and continuing on with the weirdness, the store was packed with crazy crazy people.  One woman came rushing down the aisle with a loaf of bread in one hand and a large package of toilet paper in the other and nearly knocked me down.  Another man asked me if I would watch his cart for him while he went to the restroom.  Seriously?

I made it out alive and came home ready to eat.

One thing I did come across today while at the store intrigued me enough to impulsively purchase it.


Am I just really behind or are these new?  I used to love tator tots as a child but I haven't had them since then.  I had to try these!

Rather than just eat a bowl of tator tots for lunch, I did the adult thing and made a nutritious salad using the tots as a fun little add in.


I also whipped up a Strawberry Peach Smoothie that Toly and I split.


The tots were good but really sweet.  I think when I make them again, I will add some chili pepper or something to balance our the sweet with the savory.

So up until this point, the day was just kind of odd.  Then, just as we were about to head out to run some errands, the sky got pitch black.  It was so dark that our entire house was unlit.

We had a crazy storm for about 10 min and then the sun was out and shining like nothing happened.

Dinner was good, but again, just off.

I made a fantastic Black Bean Mango Quinoa Salad. (recipe to come)


And added a Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Kabob.



This was delicious but for some reason, Toly had some trouble with the grill tonight.  It wasn't his fault but I bought him a steak and unbeknownst to me, I picked out a very difficult meat to grill.  I am clueless when it comes to buying or cooking red meat. Anyways, since the steak was a bit of a fiasco, it kind of threw everything else off. 

it was just one of those days.  Not bad, not great, just weird. 

Hope your day was excellent though! :)