Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On My Playlist

Hi there! 

For some reason, this entire week, I've been fully engrossed in my Ipod.  Maybe it has to do with coming off of the high emotion from the DMB Festival, but either way, I find myself listening to a few select songs over and over…..

Citizen Cope….Sideways
Coldplay…..Till Kingdom Come 
Pearl Jam…..Just Breath 
Augustana……Boston
DMB……..(EVERYTHING!) 

If you are into this, I highly suggest going to the DMB station on Pandora.  You will hear all of these songs and more.  Ben Harper is another one that's been heavy on my playlist and also heavy on this station. 

Breakfast 

1/4 C Kashi H2H, 1/4 C Natures Path Multigrain Flakes, 2 T Vanilla Chobani, 1/2 Pear, Blackberries, Love Grown Granola, Almond Butter, Hemp Seeds


I recently purchased hemp seeds from a change to my usual Chia.  I've been reading a lot about the benefits of hemp seeds and oils and some even outshine Chia.  I also heard that they were a bit tastier so when my Health Food Store had them on clearance this week, I went for it.
Bring on the Omega-3's!!!

Lunch 


I had a special lunch date planned with a friend and co-worker of mine.  We were going to be in the city for an appointment so we decided to treat ourselves to a wonderful lunch at my favorite restaurant in the city, Bricco

I've been to Bricco many times for dinner but never for lunch.  They offer a special $10 lunch menu that features a special pasta, frittata, and pizza of the day.  I went with the frittata which I asked to be made with egg whites.  This was full of a Corn and Squash Succotash and was divine. 

Dinner 

A recipe that has been on my radar for a few weeks now has been Angela's Lightened Up Protein Power Goddess Bowl


I printed out the recipe but made some substitutions based on my own personal preference and based on the ingredients I had on hand.

For the Lemon Thani Dressing, I did not have Tahini so I subbed Sunflower Seed Butter.  It worked and tasted awesome!

I also used Chic Peas and Quinoa for my grains and added some baked sesame soy tofu.


This was light, delicious and incredible nutritious.


I'm off to update my Ipod.  Have a good night! 

What songs/artists are you into right now? 

Photobucket