Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do Onto Others….

"Life isn't about finding yourself, Life is about CREATING yourself." 

There are many times when I feel like I wish I could do more, be more, or give more.  I often look at my life and realize how entirely blessed I am but then suddenly feel a sense of guilt that I am not using more of my resources and time to help others who are in a sense of need. 

Yesterday, I realized that I CAN do these things, I just don't always jump on the opportunity.  Sometimes out of fear, sometimes out of lack of desire, but regardless, I want to be more impulsive when it comes to my benevolence. 

Yesterday, an opportunity was raised to significantly impact someone's life in need and I took it.  I will fill you in on the details later but it's something I am so excited about and I can't wait to share with you all. 

Breakfast

1/4 C Natures Path Flakes, 1/4 C Kashi Go Lean, Berries, Love Grown Granola, Almond Milk, Hemp Seeds


I've been failing to show you the complete breakfast because I think you get the point that I always have my cereal bowl with a side of 1/2 a grapefruit and an iced coffee.  This morning, I decided to actually photograph this because the light was pouring on to the table so perfectly.  Well, I guess too much is not always a good thing by the looks of my glowing coffee.


Lunch

I ate the rest of the Protein Power Goddess Bowl for lunch on top of a bed of spinach.  I think this was actually better the next day.  No need to heat, the salad was entirely delicious cold. 

Dinner 

Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad

  • 2 Cups Cubed Watermelon
  • 1/2 Cup Blueberries
  • 4 oz cubed feta
  • 2 T Fresh Mint
  • 2 T Lime Juice 

 Add all ingredients into a bowl and serve.

I've always loved the idea of feta and watermelon and had intentions of making this salad many times in the past.  Tonight, I finally remembered and had everything on hand.

I loved it.  Toly, not so much.  But he is not really into the whole sweet/savory thing so it was a risk.

We prepared burgers tonight.

I pulled out one of my Black Bean and Bello Burgers from the freezer and threw it on the grill.


I always crave Kale in the summer so naturally, a heaping mound of Kale accompanied the meal tonight.


If you ever feel like there is something you could do to help someone in need, DO IT!  Don't think about it, just do it.  You'll not only be helping them more than you know, you will be helping yourself more than you know. 

Photobucket