Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Don't Deserve This



I'm not very good at taking criticism.  My husband will attest to that. I would like to think I have thick skin, but truthfully, I have the hardest time just brushing things off. 

This blog is an outlet for me to express who I am, what I feel, what I do, and what I believe.  I obviously do not post every single emotion, every single bite of food I consume, every single workout I complete, every single aspect of my life, because to be honest, stripping myself to the core is not something I intend  to use this experience for.  I completely understand that by opening up my diary to the rest of the world, I am allowing a level of opinion and debate; however, there is one thing that I feel I have always been 100% adamant about in my writing and that is what I write and what I do is always and only based on my own personal goals, needs, and beliefs.  I NEVER advocate that my way of life is the right way or that it is even remotely acceptable for anyone else. 

I am saying this because for the past few days, I taken quite a beating in the comment section.  Not that I am surprised by a few negative comments, but it's just gotten a bit out a hand.  Everything from criticizing my workout choices to my food choices to my hair!  I mean, really, that was a low blow.  I understand that many people may think that I work out more than I should, but to be honest, my reasons for my level of fitness are purely my own.  I love to run.  I love to run every day.  I love to work out.  Just because I am small and not trying to loose weight does not mean that I am not entitled to working hard at achieving an impressive fitness goal.  I am a Certified Fitness Instructor and I am working towards going for my Personal Training Certification.  I consider exercise to be so much a part of who I am and what I want to be.  I'm not sure where all of this talk about me hurting my knee and running on it while injured.  I did injure my knee last year and I did take the necessary steps to heal my body the right way.  I haven't had knee pain in over 8 months! 

And lastly, if one more person takes a crack on me not being able to get pregnant I am going to scream!  How cold can you be to attack a woman's God given gift to reproduce life?  

So with that being said, I've come to the decision to stop posting anything about my workouts for awhile.  I would never want to negatively influence anyone to live an unhealthy lifestyle and it hurts me so much to hear that people think this way.  I'll continue to post about my views on certain topics and my meals and if there is anything else you would like me to include, I would be happy to.  

I am so sorry if I sound harsh, but a person can only take so much.  I'm just feeling run down and beaten for something I did nothing to deserve.  I hope you understand and I hope I don't loose any readers because of this but there comes a point when you have to take a stand for yourself and your own well being. 

Breakfast 
Kashi H2H, Kashi Honey Sunshine, Apple, Strawberries, Love Grown Apple Walnut Granola, Sunflower nut Butter, Chia seeds, Almond Milk 


For dinner this evening, I made which stands to be the best tempeh recipe I've ever come to find.

Orange Pan Glazed Tempeh (from 101 cookbooks


If you have not checked out this recipe yet, I urge you to make it.  If you like tempeh and you like a zesty asian orange sauce, you will LOVE this recipe.

I made the tempeh along with simple steamed broccoli and served it all on a bed of coconut brown rice with edamame.


The pineapple was a nice touch of sweetness to this savory dish.


Have you ever received significant negative feedback from commenters?  I know that many people say to brush it off but no matter who you are, I think we can all agree, it still hurts to hear. 

Photobucket