Monday, June 20, 2011

Housekeeping with 2 New Recipes!!!


I have a few housekeeping items to relay to start of this week….

If you noticed…..I recently added a workouts tab to my menu bar.  Here, I will post my daily workouts for those who choose to visit.  This way, I feel like I am still providing my fitness aspect to this blog but by making it optional, it's your own discretion as to weather you wish to read or not.  In case you don't know, I've received quick a bit of heat on the amount of my workouts and I stopped posting them for awhile.  After many of you said you will miss that aspect, I came up with a mutual resolution.  If you don't agree with my level of physical activity, please don't click on it.  Simple, easy solution that will hopefully please everyone. 

A few new recipes for you to get your week off on the right note….

Black Bean and Bello Burgers 

Makes 4-5 burgers 
  • 1 can organic black beans
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1/2 C diced portobello mushrooms
  • 2 T garlic
  • 2 T fresh parsley
  • Roasted red peppers (I used one red and one yellow)
  • 1/2 C Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 1 T Soy Sauce
  • 1 T Dijon
Sautee the onion and mushrooms until soft, about 5-7 min.  Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and add the mushroom mixture.  Process until mixture is combine but be careful not to over mix.  You want a chunky consistency, not entirely smooth.  Form into patties and grill or bake for about 10 min. 



Add your favorite toppings. In this case, it was fresh guacamole and tomato slices on a whole wheat bun.
Enjoy! 

Arugula, Basil, Minto Pesto (Vegan and Raw)  


Makes about 1 Cup
  • Handful of fresh basil
  • Handful of fresh mint
  • Handful of arugula 
  • 1/4 C EVOO (I used Garlic Gold)
  • 2 T Lemon Juice
  • 1 T Garlic
  • 1/4 C Nutritional Yeast
  • 1/2 C Almonds
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Process the almonds until mostly ground.  Add the remaining ingredients (except the EVOO) and pulse a few times to combine.  Slowly stream in the EVOO until a smooth paste is formed. 

This is so very good!  I was just playing around with the ingredients and it came out better than I could ever imagine. 

And now, on to today…..

Breakfast

1/4 C Natures Path Flax Flakes, 1/4 C Tj's Raisin Bran, Banana, Blueberries, 2 T Plain Jane Granola, Mighty Maple, Blueberry Flax, Almond Milk 

Lunch 

Leftover Salad and Veggies

Kombucha (Cosmic Cranberry) and Grapes 

 This flavor of Kombucha is usually my favorite, but today, this had a weird metallic taste to it.  Not sure if it was this particular bottle or if they changed the recipe but I wasn't a big fan.  I still drank 3/4 of it considering this cost around the same amount as a glass of wine.  You don't waste alcohol and you certainly don't waste Kombucha.

Dinner


We had an impromptu BFD tonight and Toly couldn't have been more thrilled.

I made an Egg White Sammie on a Sun Dried Tomato Bagel.  This sammie was smothered with the pesto and sundried tomato hummus along with sprouts and avocado. 


And a big pile of Kale Chips.  Messy it was, but oh so delicious!  

I have a busy week but all for good reason.  My reward for all of the hard work will be a beach trip weekend for the DMB 3 Day festival in Atlantic City.  My girlfriend and I are taking a little girls weekend and I am counting down the minutes!!!! 

Did you make anything new and wonderful this weekend?? 

Photobucket