Thursday, June 30, 2011

Good Day Declaration


This morning, before the day even really had begun, I knew it was going to be a good day.  I even tweeted it so it had to come true. ;) 

I actually had a little extra time this morning because I had to be at a meeting in the city so I decided to check some work emails at home and then head into my meeting. 

With the few extra minutes, I took advantage of hot oats.  It's been so long. 

Breakfast 
1/4 C Steel Cut Oats, 2 T Oat Bran, 1/2 Banana, Berries, Nuts About Granola , hemp seeds

I tried a new method of adding the nut butter.  I read somewhere that swirling it into the hot oats while still on the stove was much more satisfying than just adding a dollop on top.  So that is just what I did with a teaspoon of Sunflower Seed Butter.

I have to say, I'm not sure if I liked it as much as I thought I would.  The nut butter kind of got lost in the mix somewhere.

I still enjoyed it don't get me wrong.

After a nice breakfast and a quick date with my flat iron, I was ready to take on the day…..



My meeting lasted the entire morning and by 12:30pm I was headed back to the office but made a pit stop at my kitchen first.

Lunch 

 Since Toly didn't eat his watermelon feta salad from last night, I took it upon myself to finish his portion for lunch today.  Along with other various salad ingredients such as raw asparagus and squash, cabbage, and sesame cashews.


I also had 1/2 of a Spinach bagel with hummus.



The rest of the afternoon flew by and before I knew it, I was heading home to get ready for a date with Jen.

Her birthday was a few weeks ago and we planned a night out to celebrate.  How do we celebrate? With a spin class and burritos of course!

Jen has always wanted to take a spin class but has never had the opportunity to.  Being the crazy compassionate friend that I am, I took her to her first spin class.

And then followed it with a humungous plate of guac.

 See, I told you I was a good friend. :)


We were both starving after a hard spin class and couldn't wait to devour these burritos.


I had the Veggie Burrito with Pinto Beans and no cheese.


It's a tradition that Jen and I go for ice cream on our birthdays.  Now, ice cream is not my friend in the least, but who am I to ruin a solid tradition.


I asked for a baby cone of my FAVORITE FLAVOR ever….White Raspberry Truffle.


I may be mildly uncomfortable now but I assure you, every single bite was well worth it. 

Today was indeed a good day and dare I even say, it was a great day. I love it when I'm right. 

Photobucket