Friday, June 10, 2011

Finally Friday


Finally……FRIDAY! 

All week, I've been a few days ahead of myself.  It all started Wednesday when I fully convinced myself it was a Friday.  I guess going out for Happy Hour mid week throws off my routine.  

Regardless, it was a long week and I welcomed that it actually was Friday this morning with a smile. 

Breakfast

On the go today.  I had to be at an event pretty early this morning so I packed a meal that could be easily consumed during the commute….



Whole Wheat English Muffin, Sunflower Nut Butter, 1/2 Mashed Banana 

Green Smoothie: Frozen Mango, Frozen Pineapple, 1/2 Frozen Banana, Spinach, Sun Warrior Protein (1 scoop), Chia, OJ 

Perfect foods to eat while driving….



My morning of workshops went well, but mid way through, I had a small break and decided to hop into a nearby Starbucks to check my work email.  I was still pretty full from breakfast but I can't walk into a coffee shop, use their WiFi and not order anything.  I ordered a small Iced Coffee with soy but only drank less than half.  I know, crazy!  Me throwing away Iced Coffee.  I was just really full. 



 After I finished my workshops, I stopped to grab a quick lunch before heading back to the office.  There is a nearby coffee shop that I frequent whenever I am in this area that I usually stop in for drinks and every time I am there, I always drool over how good the menu is.  I'm just never in the area around lunch time to partake.  Today, was my chance!

I ordered the 1/2 Sandwich, 1/2 Salad combo: Vegetarian Lavash with a Summer Salad

 The sandwich had spinach, tomatoes, dried cranberries and asiago on wheat Lavash bread and the salad was spinach strawberries blueberries and almonds. 
 I re-gifted the chips back to the barista.


This was delicious.  I loved how light and simple the sandwich was but the dried cranberries really added an element of sweetness.  And the Lavash bread was fantastic. 

After a long day of presenting, traveling and more traveling, I was ready to get home and unwind.

For dinner, I made a recipe I've been eyeing on Jessica's Blog for a few days….


Coconut Baked Shrimp with Peach Salsa 




I've made Coconut Shrimp plenty of times in the past, but this was a new spin by creating an amazing coconut sauce with coconut milk, garlic and olive oil.  I loved the sauce so much I spooned some extra on to my sweet potato.

We ate outside (of course) and spent an hour just talking about life.  It was an excellent way to end a Friday. 

Oh and in other news…..

Our fence is up! 





We thought Sammy would love his new fenced in back yard to roam around in, but I don't think he gets it.  He just sits on the little concrete porch and doesn't move.  Of course, we spend all this money to put in a fence for him and he doesn't even want to be outside. Oh the joys! 

Hope everyone has great plans for this weekend! :) 


Photobucket