Sunday, June 5, 2011

Exciting News to Announce




Hi there! 

If you remember a few days ago I said I had some exciting news to share but I couldn't reveal the news quite yet.  Well, I guess the word is out so here is my big announcement……

I am going to be speaking at The Healthy Living Summit in Philly this year!!! 

I can't tell you how excited I am about this.  I've never even been to the HLS because it always fell around the time of our anniversary which is when Toly and I go on vacation.  This year, it falls the day after we get back from Napa, so I'll be flying in Thursday night and driving to Philly Friday morning to speak on Saturday.  

It's going to be crazy but so much fun! 

I hope you guys can all make it this year and I hope you come to hear me speak.  I'm going to be talking about on Budgeting For a Healthy Lifestyle, which is actually right up my alley.  For those of you who don't know what I do for a living, I am the Financial Education Coordinator of a well known financial institution in our area and I speak and teach teens and young adults on the fundamentals of financial literacy.  I speak to thousands of students every year on topics like budgeting and is something I am entirely passionate about.  Pair that with healthy living and I will be emerged in my element. 

We had a fabulous weekend but it felt so short in comparison to last. 

Breakfast 

This morning, I made a batch of fantastic Strawberry Banana Pancakes….


I added sliced strawberries and mashed banana to the batter and then topped the finished product with Strawberry Banana Chobani and more fruit.


After breakfast, Toly and I headed to church to see our nephew Weston, be dedicated.

(He's the cutest one one on the far left) 

We went back to my sister and brother-in-law's house for a little celebration picnic afterwards. 

When we got home this evening, I was feeling pretty relaxed thanks to our recent purchase of these Anti-Gravity Chairs. 


Someone at work told me about these things and I immediately knew we had to have them.  You feel as though you are floating when you lay back in them.  I foresee myself planted here quite often this summer. 

Dinner 

I eventually got myself hungry enough to get out of the chair and cook dinner.

When I was at the Farmer's Market yesterday, I bought a piece of Wild Caught Snapper that looked too good to pass up.

We grilled the fish and I made a Mango Avocado Salsa to go on top.


Underneath the fish, there was some delicious coconut brown rice on a bed of spinach.  Also included was grilled zucchini.  Everything tasted amazing!


I'm planning to enjoy the last few hours of my weekend by doing nothing but relaxing.  

Are you going to the HLS this year???  

Photobucket