Monday, May 23, 2011

Stand Up For What You Believe In



Before I begin, I need to offer my apologies to anyone whom I may have offended with my comments yesterday on The Bible. 

I read all of your comments and do feel that many of them are justified.  I also know that when I post anything controversial (especially religion based) on this blog, it becomes an open forum for debate; however, since this is my forum, and what I write is truly and solely based on my own beliefs and views, that I should be entitled to state them.  That certainly doesn't mean you have to agree or even so much as read them.  Just as my beliefs with a healthy lifestyle are derived with a pure heart for my own personal needs, such are my spiritual, political, and emotional beliefs. 

So, what that being said, I went back and looked at my comment and realized that it did come across a bit abrasive.  I guess I didn't realize how strong that sounded until after I really read it with an open mind.  

To redeem myself, I just want to stress that I do believe in all that The Bible says and I do feel that it remains the most holy and divine piece of literature ever created; however, I also understand that many aspects have been argued as being flawed. 

I think my statement was meant to be taken more broad, in that as a Christian, I believe that The Bible is God and God is flawless. What I should have said is that throughout the existence of man, not one person has ever been able to prove that God is untrue. Sure, things may be argued, but there is no scientific proof that God is just a theory. 

Gosh, I hope I just didn't do more damage than I started out with.  I really don't mean for this to turn into a significant debate on religion but I also don't feel right not expressing my personal and honest view.  You can agree, you can disagree, either way, all that matters is that you stand by what you believe in, which is exactly what I am choosing to do. 

Okay, enough of that……

I woke up this morning and busted out an 8 mile run.  I won't lie, this did not start off well.  I think I may have done something to my lower back this past weekend.  With an intense Spin class, followed by a million jabs in Body Combat, I was definitely feeling it.  Then, follow that with Body Pump and I learned the hard way. 

So when I started, my back was tight but it worked itself out eventually and I finished with 8 very sweaty miles in an hour and five minutes. 

Breakfast

I was feeling a yogurt bowl today….

1/4 C Kashi H2H, Peach Chobani, Small White Peach, Blackberries, 1/2 Crumbled Vegan Apricot Muffin, Sunflower Nut Butter


True fact: I've eaten almost 2 lbs of strawberries in less than 48 hours.  My obsession gets bad this time of year.

Lunch 

My primary goal of lunch today was to find a way to incorporate this….

 I just spotted the Buffalo flavor yesterday and immediately snagged it.

I used the hummus as inspiration for today's salad…

"Meatless" Buffalo Chicken Tenders on top of a salad of spinach, romaine, broccoli, cucumber, tomato, carrots, FF feta and of course, Buffalo Style Hummus 

I tasted the hummus right out of the container to get the full effect.  Honestly, this was good, but it didn't blow me away like I thought it would.  The buffalo flavor is mild and I like my stuff HOT.  Still, it was tasty, just could have been a bit more spicy.


When I got off work, I came home, changed and got ready for a date with my number one trainer….

 Oh Shaun T, I've missed you so!  Yes, I'm doing Insanity again.  I LOVED this program the first time I did it and have been missing his workouts ever since.  I don't plan on following the 60 day program to a T, just supplementing the workouts into my regular routine.

I did Pure Cardio (which is my favorite) and ended looking like this….


Okay, so not that dramatic, but I get done with these workouts feeling entirely spent.  I think that is why I love them so much.  I've never experienced that kind of burn from any other workout DVD.


Dinner 

 Dinner tonight was something I came up with on my own…

I made a fresh sauce using organic cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, and olive oil.  It was so light and fresh and perfect.

For Toly, I made TJ's Chicken Sausage Ravioli along with grilled chicken.  I topped his with the sauce and some fresh grated parmesan cheese….


Mine was TJ's Arugula and Romano Ravioli (loved these) on top of arugula, with grilled asparagus and the sauce, topped with balsamic and parmesan.


Loved this!!  It was so light and delicious.


I think I'll be putting myself in the cobra position for the remainder of the night.  Ugh, I must be getting old. :) 

Goodnight! 

Do you ever post controversial topics on your blog?  Do you think it's good to say what you believe or to keep an unbiased tone when it comes to these topics? 


Photobucket