Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Celebrate with Crab



You guys are all so wonderful!  I'll admit, I was a bit nervous to post that last night and I couldn't have been more blown away by the amount of support you continue to offer.  

You all rock so much! :) 

Okay, so it's nearly 9pm (aka my bedtime) and I am just now getting around to blogging.  It was a long day but obviously a good one…

Breakfast 

After a 10 mile run, I was starving….

1/4 C Kashi H2H, 1/4 C Nature's Path Ancient Grains, Banana, Blueberries, Dried Cranberries, 2 T Love Grown Granola, Sunflower nut butter


I love cereal!!

When I got to work this morning, I had a nice little surprise waiting for me on my desk…

Yesterday, I was telling my CEO about the muffins I made.  You see, he happens to have quite an obsession for Apricot doughnuts so when I told him that I made Vegan Almond Apricot Quinoa muffins and that they would were just as good if not better, he was skeptical.  I told him I would bring one in and he could give me his honest opinion….


He must have loved it because he left me the empty wrapper along with a note that said he is now considering becoming vegan. LoL

I did not have a muffin this morning (but wish I would have).  Instead, I snacked on this new Kashi bar…


I loved the new flavor.  I'm a sucker for anything cherry or vanilla so combine the two and it's a match made in heaven.

Lunch 


This salad could be one of my best lunch salad's yet….

Roasted Vegetable and Tofu Salad 

Romaine and Arugula, Roasted Broccoli, Squash, Zucchini, Brussels sprouts, tofu, sundried tomatoes, homemade croutons (1 slice of sprouted grain toast), hummus, fresh basil, balsamic  

I ate this way too fast.  I didn't want it to end it was so good!


After lunch, I stopped for a quick dessert (Iced Coffee) before my afternoon appointment.


We had plans tonight to celebrate Lena's (my sister in law) birthday.  Even though her b-day was back in April, the gift we gave her was to take her out for all you can eat crab legs at one of our favorite restaurants.  Lena LOVES crab legs and we've been waiting for the warm weather so that we could sit on the deck, drink beer and eat crab legs.  The epitome of summer.




I ordered the special salad….

Tropical Crab Salad: Jumbo lump crab w/ fresh pineapple, mandarin oranges, pink grapefruit, roasted red peppers, honey roasted pecans,  plum tomatoes & freshly shredded parmesan cheese on a bed of crisp greens. Served w/ orange poppy seed dressing.

This was incredible as all of their salads usually are. 

I left the crab leg work to Toly….


Definitely worth the wait!  Happy Birthday Lena.  Noting says we love you than a huge plate of crabs.


Goodnight everyone!  I'm off to watch Idol and then hit the sheets. 

Photobucket