Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Short and Sweet


Hey guys! 

Just a quick post tonight because I still have a bunch of work to get done.  

Let's see, today started out with the usual 7 mile run and breakfast. 

1/4 C Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla, 2 TBL my homemade granola, 1 diced pear, blackberries, Vanilla Okios 


All topped with some almond milk.

I was out all day for work in meeting after meeting and other various appointments.  I did have the opportunity to enjoy a very fancy business lunch at an incredible restaurant.  Sorry, no pictures for this lunch appointment, but I can tell you I ate one of the best home made locally produced veggie burgers I've ever had at a restaurant.

I didn't get home until later and basically threw together dinner on a whim.

BFD is so convenient on nights like tonight….

Summer Frittata 

  • 1 egg, 2 egg whites
  • Sliced Zucchini and Yellow Squash
  • Asparagus
  • 1 Laughing Cow Garlic Herb Wedge
  • Parmesan Cheese
Sautee the veggies with salt and pepper until softened and lightly browned.  Whisk together the egg and egg whites and add the laughing cow.  Pour egg mixture over veggies, top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and bake in the oven at 350 for 10-15 min. 

Frittatas are one of the easiest and most delicious ways to enjoy BFD.  

I also put together a summery salad….





This may be one of the shortest posts I've ever done.  I'll have more tomorrow! :)

See you later! 

Photobucket