Friday, May 20, 2011

Liar Liar



Well I just realized I completely lied to you all. 

On Wednesday, I gave a lame post and promised I would be back the next day with much more. 

FAIL!!! 

But, in my defense, I entirely forgot that I wouldn't have even a second of time to open my computer yesterday, let alone sit down and blog.  

It was one fantastic jam packed day! 

It all began with a smashing 4:30am 8 mile run.  

Breakfast 

1/4 C Kashi Go Lean, 1/4 C TJ's Fruit and Fiber, 2 T Galaxy Granola, 1 T Vanilla Protein Powder Berries, Almond Milk


 Iced Coffee…..

Lunch was portable because of an all day event.

Lunch


After I finished up the work day, I headed right over to Jen's so that we could begin the fun part of my day.

We planned a trip to Trader Joe's in celebrate of my birthday (which was really over a month ago but were just now getting around to celebrating).

After the hour drive, we arrived in Towson hungry and thirsty and decided on Bahama Breeze since it's in the same parking lot as Trader Joe's.

Lucky for us, we arrived right in the middle of happy hour!!!

Dinner 

Mojito = $5
 Spinach Dip = $4

For my entree, I had the Seared Rare Ahi Tuna Salad

Served chilled and sliced over crisp mixed greens tossed with edamame, jicama, mandarin oranges, candied almonds and miso soy vinaigrette

Jen went with the Salmon Tostada….

Over tortillas with three cheeses, greens, tropical vinaigrette, tomato salsa and avocado

Drinks, Food, Company….all was fantastic!



After dinner, we set out for the real reason of our trip…Trader Joe's! 

Unfortunately, as soon as we walked out of the restaurant, it began to down pour.  We had a bit of a walk to get to the store and by the time we entered Trader Joe's, we were drenched, cold, and not amused but still 100% happy to be at the most magical place on earth.   It's like a kid at Disney Land, nothing could get in our way of happiness here. :) 


After some time restocking with the necessities, I got home just in time to put it all away and crawl into bed before I turned into a pumpkin.

I woke up this morning HUNGRY (must have been that mojitio.  Alcohol always does that to me)

Breakfast 
1/4 C Kashi Go Lean, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla, 1/4 C Natures Path Ancient Grains, 2 T Galaxy Granola, Raspberries (the entire container, they were SOOOO good!) 1/2 banana, almond milk 

Today's lunch satisfied a major craving for one of my all time favorite meals: 


Veggie Burger Salad! 

I am entirely devoted to the Dr. Pragers brand of Veggie Burgers.  Out of them all, they are my true favorite. 

I also enjoyed a bowl of carrots and hummus on the side. 


I'm posting this early because tonight, we have plans and I won't be around and I certainly didn't want to have to lie to you twice. 

Have a fantastic Friday everyone! 


Photobucket