Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Koo Koo for Coconut

It seems like every season, I go through a phase of taking great like to a certain flavor.  Fall, it's pumpkin.  Winter, it's cinnamon.  Well, apparently my spring/summer flavor is coconut. 

The many ways I've been enjoying coconut these days….

Green Mountain Coffee: Island Coconut


This coffee is fantastic!  I especially love to make it the night before to chill and enjoy it over ice with a splash of coconut milk in the morning. 

Bath and Body Works: Hawaii Coconut 
Love this new scent.  It's like a burst of summer every time I later it on and I love getting that subtle sense of coconut all day when I wear it. 


Starbucks: Soy Iced Coffee with Coconut 

All it takes is one pump and it turns my iced coffee into a delicious sweet tropical drink.  I love having this as an afternoon treat on hot days. 

Turkey Hill: Coconut Almond Fudge
This stuff is amazing!!!  I honestly think this might be one of my favorite flavors I've ever had from a store bought ice cream.  I really have to pick and choose my battles with dairy but this is one fight I'm willing to loose every now and then.  I try not to keep ice cream in the house because I can't be trusted with it and I really do pay for it when I eat it. I don't see this flavor that much though, so when I saw it this past weekend, I couldn't resist.  YUM!!! 

Crap, now I want ice cream!  

But first, lets get through breakfast…..

Breakfast 

1/4 C Kashi Go Lean, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla, 2 T Galaxy Granola, Banana, Raspberries, Almond Milk, 1 T Vanilla Protein Powder 

I took note from Gabrielle and started to add a little protein powder to my cereal bowls.  I'm always looking for more protein in every meal and this is a great idea.  Not only did it add a sweet vanilla touch to my cereal, but it also added a little extra protein.  Bonus! 


 I had a spectator during breakfast….

 This bunny belongs to our neighbors.  He got loose 2 weeks ago and no one has been able to catch him.  He's been hanging out in our yard for a couple weeks eating our poor grass.  Cute he may be, but it's not so cute as he tears into our expensive landscape.

Lunch was exciting today.

Lunch 


I used the leftover Tofu and Rice from last night to make a burrito.

Leftover Tofu, Rice, "Cheeze" Sauce, Avocado, Salsa 

I knew this was going to be a good thing when I saved the leftovers last night. I also had a few chips and carrots with salsa on the side.


For dinner tonight, I used a recipe from Cooking Light for inspiration and came up with a lovely twist.

Shrimp Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta

 This was Toly's bowl and I thought I should show you his since it was much more like the original recipe.

Mine had just a bit more green….

I served mine with spaghetti squash, added broccoli, asparagus and spinach.  The other substitutions I made was to use Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Cheese for the cream cheese and shrimp broth instead of chicken broth.  

Okay, now I think it's time for that ice cream!

Goodnight everyone! :)

What flavors have you been enjoying this spring? Do you crave any flavors for certain seasons? 


Photobucket