Friday, May 27, 2011

Party Prep


I had a comment on my last post indicating that I should have directed my friend to a nutritionist for a healthy eating plan because I am not a professional. 

I just wanted to set this disclaimer that I am in fact NOT a professional RD or nutritionist.  I was simply offering my honest advice based on my own experiences and knowledge.  I do feel that I know a thing or two about the subject considering my background and years of experience with nutritionists, meal plans, diets. etc. (all because of my ongoing battle of Colitis) and I am also AAAI/ISMA certified in Personal Fitness Instruction, but that is the extent of my professionalism in this subject. 

I should have noted that in the below mentioned post, but I figured that everyone knew that the ideas I shared were purely a friend exchanging advice to another friend.  

The one tone I always try to voice on my blog is individuality.  I know that my eating and fitness habits may not be conducive to another person's and that is entirely OKAY.  I never try to indicate that the way I chose to live my life is the way that others should follow.  I only offer my opinion when asked. 

Sorry, just had to get that cleared up.

Moving on…..

I had the day off today in order to get things ready for our BIG House Warming Party tomorrow.  I say BIG because well, we are expecting 50, 60, 70, 80 people!  I don't even know at this point, but we need to be prepared for the most. 

I let myself sleep in and little and woke up ready for breakfast…..

2 Van's Whole Wheat Waffles, Vanilla Chobani, Berries, Sunflower Nut Butter, Granola


I haven't had waffles in so long.  Not really sure why because every time I have them, I ask myself why I don't make this more often.

After I let this digest a bit, I laced up and went for a 5 mile run outside.  It was HOT, even before 9am and I barely lasted the 5 miles.

Toly and I spent the morning cleaning the house.  At noon, we had a lunch meeting with a co-worker/friend of mine who is a financial advisor.  Toly and I have been discussing some of future plans and just wanted to get a casual but professional opinion.

After lunch, we did some more shopping that included a trip to the Farmers Market.  On the way out, we snagged a cookie…(farmer's market cookies are always the best!)


Toly had the toffee and I had a pumpkin.  So delicious!


What goes better with cookies???

Beer of course!

Stocking up with the appropriate adult beverages…..

And also stocking up with a major BJ's trip….


Toly is still convinced we will run out of beer…..



Later on, I went to my favorite Body Attack class at the gym.  Toly was out so I took advantage of some extra free time.

Class was great but not as hard as I remember it.  Maybe it's because I'm doing the Insanity workouts or maybe it was just an easier launch.  Either way, it was still a good time.

I came home hungry and put together exactly what I was craving for dinner.  Salad and a smoothie….


Romaine, Radish, Zucchini, Strawberries, Roasted Asparagus, Blueberry Goat Cheese, Pecans


On the side was the smoothie (mango, pineapple, banana, spinach) and 1/2 of a spinach bagel with hummus.  The bagel was a random purchase from the farmers market.


The Sangria is made, the beer bread is cooling, and I'm trying to go over the list in my head of everything that is left to do. 

I really want to go to an early Spin class and Body Pump tomorrow but I'm wondering if I should conserve my energy??? 

It's soon time to PARTY! :) 

What are your plans for this Memorial Day Weekend? 

Photobucket