Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Never Too Busy


Hey guys! 

I'm back and ready to unwind for the rest of the week.  It's been quite a week and I'm actually in disbelief that tomorrow is Thursday already. 

Last night, Jen and I had a wonderful dinner and long gab sesh as usual, but the topic of our conversation is one that I want to address because its one that has been on my mind for a little while now. 

Lately, I've been feeling as though my world and the world around me is in one whirlwind of craze.  What I mean by that is it seems that everyone is just so busy, me included.  Over the past few weeks, I've had several people comment to me (and not necessarily in a bad way) that I am always so busy.  It's actually started to bother me because I feel like that word, "busy", has taken such a negative connotation.  It's almost like I feel that they are saying, "you are too busy for me."  I love being productive and keeping myself occupied, but I never want to come across that I am too consumed for my family, my friends, my relationships, or the things in life that really matter to me.  Even if you are doing so many good things, too much of a good thing can also be a bad thing.  

So here is my pledge.  I am going to stop using the word "busy."  I'm tried of it, I'm tried of saying it, and I'm tired of hearing it.  No one's time is too valuable to not invest in the things that truly matter.  Like Jen and I were saying, no matter what contribution you make in this world, if you were to die tomorrow, the world still goes on without you.  I for one, want to be remembered for the time I invested in my relationships and not the time I invested in my success. 

Okay, moving right along….

I woke up with the usual 7 mile run and then proceeded to my favorite part of the day….breakfast. 


Diced Pear, Blackberries, Kashi Go Lean, Kashi Island Vanilla, Vanilla Chobani, Applesauce, Almond Butter


Everyone has been commenting on how good the strawberries are getting and I have to agree.  I feel like I wait all year for the fruit to get this good and it's still early so I feel like its going to get even better. 

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of lunch because we had an office Cinco De Mayo party and I forgot my camera.  I didn't partake in the tacos but I did eat plenty of my Mango Black Bean salad that I contributed.

When I got home, I needed to think of a quick dinner because we had some guys coming over to do some estimates for a fence we want to install.  

This was perfect….


I loved this soup when I opened it the other day but for some reason, it tasted completely different today. After I refrigerated it, it got pretty watery and not as flavorful.  It was still very good, but I had to doctor it up a bit.


I added a bunch of chopped broccoli and a spoon of hummus.  I also topped the hot bowl with a few tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese. 

Served with toast for dipping.  Again, this was definitely good, but not as mind blowing as it was the other day.  It wasn't nearly as spicy or thick and creamy.  Hmmm, I wonder if the refrigeration had something to do with that? 

I'm beat.  It was a busy highly productive day but so worthwhile none the less. 

Do you think doing too many "good" things can ever be a bad thing?? 

Photobucket