Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bitter Sweet


Today was bitter sweet. 

Why?  Well, sweet because it was literally perfection weather wise.  This was the first time in 8 days that we saw the sun for a full 24 hours.  

Bitter because it's almost over and the weather man says we won't see the sun again for another 8 days.  

WHAT IS UP WITH THIS RAIN???

I don't ever remember having a spring with so much rain and storms.  It's dreadful but I hope this means its getting it out of its system by summertime. 

Breakfast 

I rolled out of bed by 6am so that I could shower and eat breakfast before my day.  

I made another Buckwheat Bake, this time using the best raspberries (thanks Trader Joe's) blueberries, and a little Galaxy Granola. 

Raspberry Blueberry Buckwheat Bake

  • 1/4 C Buckwheat Flour
  • 1 T Oat Bran
  • 1 T Flax
  • 1 tsp Chia
  • 1/2 Mashed Banana
  • 4 T Coconut milk
  • 1 tsp almond extract 
  • 1 egg white 
Mix dry, mix wet, combine the two.  Microwave for 1 min 45 sec. 



This was my first time using buckwheat flour and I have to say, this one was noticeably different than my last bake (that I used just oats for).  I like it, but I think I may prefer the texture of the oat cake a little more.

After I ate, I headed to the gym to take a spin class.  The class was being held to raise money for Tour De Cure and we did it in the parking lot.  So much fun but I thought I would be safe from the heat at 8am.  Not so much.  I was dripping in sweat.  Plus, the class was extremely intense but I loved it!

After spin, I double dipped with classes and took Body Combat.  A favorite of mine.  Spin is a such a killer lower body workout and Body Combat definitely focuses more on upper body so all around, I had a fantastic full body workout.

Toly and I had a bunch of errands to run today and in the midst, we stopped for lunch at Brewhouse.

Lunch 

I ordered the special salad: Jamaican Jerk Grilled Salmon

This came on a bed of spinach with grapefruit and orange sections, red onion, cabbage, and sunflower seeds.  It was fantastic! 

After a few hours of shopping, we came home with some random things.  One of them being a Margarita Mix that we found on clearance at Target. 

Obviously, I had to test it out….


Pre dinner cocktails on a gorgeous evening.  This was so refreshing.


Dinner 

For dinner, I made a wonderful salad of mango, avocado, edamame and cabbage with grilled asparagus and a grilled Mahi Mahi burger.


This was perfect.  Not too heavy but deliciously filling. 

We are laying low tonight with a movie. 

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves this weekend. 

Goodnight! 

Photobucket