Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Green Grass, Flowers, and Pollen, OH MY!


It seems that all of those April showers are definitely paying off in May flowers.  The landscape is gorgeous this spring.  Green grass, blooming flowers, the infestation of pollen.  There is no denying it,; spring has sprung! 

I had a hard time getting up this morning which is a little unlike me.  More than likely, it was because I stayed up a bit too late last night working on some blog things.  My 7 mile run was a little rough and slower than normal, but once I got going, it turned out okay. 

Breakfast 
 TJ's Honey Almond Flax Cereal, Kashi Vanilla Island Shredded Wheat, 1 small pear, blackberries, vanilla chobani, almond butter, granola 


So about those Krueig Iced Coffee cups…..

They're good, but I've been making it the night before so it actually gets cold.  The problem was that whenever you brew it over ice, it melts the ice and still stays warm.  I'm not sure about you, but I like my Iced Coffee cold.  So in reality, I'm not really sure what the difference is between the Iced Coffee cups and the regular cups.  Nothing really because I've been making it the night before anyways so I would get the exact same result with the regular cups.

Oh well, let's digress…..

Lunch 


I had to be at a school in the afternoon so I headed home beforehand to grab lunch.

Tuna Salad made with Tuna and Hummus on top of a big salad: Romaine, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Beets, Broccoli, Sprouts, Doused in Balsamic and topped with a little Parmesan Cheese


No smoothie today but I did stop to grab an Iced Coffee on the way to my appointment.  A nice COLD Iced Coffee. :)

By the time I got home and did some strength work, I wasn't really that hungry for dinner.  We are pretty low on food as well.  What I really wanted was a smoothie.  Gosh, it's becoming such an obsession.  If I don't get one at lunch, I crave them now for dinner.

Dinner

Frozen Mango, Frozen Banana, Mango Chobani, Vanilla Protein Powder, Kiwi, OJ

This was so good!  I forgot how amazing yogurt is in the smoothie.  It makes it so creamy and delicious.

Since I can't justify an all liquid meal, I supplemented with one of my favorite weird sandwiches.  

Cinnamon Raisin Ezikle English Muffin, Goat Cheese, Sliced Pear, Spinach, Almond Butter

Don't knock this until you try it.  You'll thank me later; promise!



Dinner was light, refreshing and oh so delicious! 

What is your favorite smoothie combination?? This one has been my favorite of the season so far.