Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger Drama


Whoa!  Major drama with Blogger site over the past 48 hours.  Apparently, there were some significant mishaps and Blogger had to shut down for almost 2 days in order to fix them. 

Needless to say, I was going crazy not being able to post and now I have a million pictures to show for it. 

Oh well, I'll try to make it painless and just let the pictures do the talking….


Thursday

Breakfast 

1/4 Cup Natures Path Ancient Grains, 1/4 Cup Kashi GO Lean, Kashi Vanilla Island (a handful), Raspberries, Banana, Almond Milk 


I finally broke down and bought the Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortillas.  They were on sale for only $2.99 which was a complete steal!  I couldn't pass them up since I'm a little infatuated with Ezekiel products.


Lunch 


I used the wrap to make a killer sandwich.

Ezekiel Wrap, Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato Hummus, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Avocado, Sprouts


I also had a few of the Food Should Taste Good White Cheddar Tortilla Chips on the side.  These are a new flavor and they are amazing!  I'm not really a chip person and hardly ever eat them with my sandwiches, but these are such an exception.  They remind me of White Cheddar Popcorn. 


Recreated the same smoothie I had from dinner the night before only this time, cut everything in 1/2.  Not by choice, only because I didn't have as much ingredients.

Another impulse buy that was dirt cheap for organic dark chocolate….

So glad I picked this up on a whim.  It's delicious! 

Dinner


Dinner started with some wine.


And ended in this magnificent creation….

Strawberry Spinach Salad with edamame, pecans, avocado, goat cheese, and grilled asparagus topped with grilled wild soceye salmon


 I don't think words are needed here….

FRIDAY
Breakfast


1/4 Cup Natures Path Ancient Grains, 1/4 Cup TJ's Raisin Bran, Banana, Blueberries, PB Granola, 1 tsp Mighty Maple PB 


Lunch


Today's lunch was a wonderful outing to one of my favorite coffee shops, Cornerstone.
Audi (friend/coworker) and I planned a lunch date for a much needed escape from the office for her.

I began with the homemade soup special…

White Bean, Broccoli and Sun Dried Tomato

All of the soups at Cornerstone are so fantastic.  They are freshly made that day and so unique.  I loved this one and particularly, the sun dried tomatoes.  I'm thinking of recreating something similar. 

I also had a veggie plate with some of their amazing homemade hummus. 





Audi went with one of their ever so popular panini's.


Before we left, we decided to get some drinks to take back with us to the office.  While we were ordering, Sue, the owner and my good friend, came out and told us that her chef had just whipped up some Vegan Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies that were still warm.  She ran to the back and came back with these amazing creations for us to take….


Oh my!  This tasted like a warm brownie.  As always, I was in complete happiness when I left Cornerstone.

 Wouldn't you be with a warm chocolate vegan cookie and coconut iced chai?

Dinner 


We have a very bare fridge so dinner tonight was a bit of a stretch.  Thankfully, I work well under pressure and put together a very tasty meal.


Salad with Pears, Dried Cherries, Walnuts, Parmesan Cheese

Amy's No Cheese Roasted Veggie Pizza with added Broccoli, Nutritional Yeast, Garlic Gold 


This continues to be my favorite frozen pizza.  I actually enjoy this over any take out pizza I've ever had. 

Okay, after all that, I think I'm finished. 

Whew, a lot can happen in the course of 2 days.  

I'm not sure about you, but I am so ready for this weekend.  A few things planned but nothing too significant.  Regardless, it will be a good one! :) 

Photobucket