Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Break in the Bikini



I LOVE this week.  Well, I love this week for the weather.  It makes me so excited for summer, my all time favorite season.  My new swimsuit came today that I just ordered for VS and I tried it on and loved it.  I'm always hesitant to buy swim online and this is my first VS swim suit.  I usually roll with Guess but I saw one the other day that I loved and went for it. 


Now obviously I don't look like that, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit and my overall comfort in it.  I don't care who you are, wearing a bikini is always an awkward thing.  I usually end up wearing mine around the house for a few days before I actually take it out in public so that I can get comfortable in it and the way I look.  I guess it's like I'm breaking it in. 

So enough of the bikini talk because now I want to go to the beach.  

Breakfast 

1/4 Cup Kashi H2H, 1/4 Cup Natures Path Ancient Grains, 2 TBL Love Grown Granola, Blackberries, Banana, Almond Milk, 1 tsp Cinnamon Raisin PB


Do you see all that grass out there?  Our grass literally came in overnight.  I guess Toly will be needing that lawn mower this year after all.

Feeling a bit ambitious for summer, I broke out a new dress that was probably just a tad too early.  My legs were a little chilly today.

Dress: Anne Taylor Loft Outlet - 29.99
Sweater: Forever 21 - ???
Shoes: Charlotte Russe- ??? 

I spent the morning at an event and got back just around lunch time.  It was the perfect opportunity to sneak home to make something before heading back in the office.

The lunch theme has been very routined lately.  Smoothies and Salads.  I can never go wrong with this combo.

 Frozen Mango, Kiwi, Blueberries, Vanilla Whey Protein, Almond Milk

Romaine, Radish, Beets, Cucumber, Dried Cherries, Walnuts, Pear, Shredded Brussels Sprouts, Spinach Hummus


I can't get enough of this hummus so I added some extra to a slice of toast.  So good! 

After work, I anxiously waited for my friend to get off so that we could spend our late afternoon at the park. 


We leashed up the dogs and headed over to the dog park for a nice walk and some puppy play time.  It was fabulous and the best way to unwind.


Okay, I lied, drinking Cran-tini's is the best way to unwind….


When we got back, I put together a simple dinner.  Some Black Bean Burgers that I had made a few weeks ago and froze.


Along with Alexia Sweet Potato Fries.

We dined outside, drank, ate, and talked well into the evening.


Good day!! 

What is one thing you do to feel more comfortable in a swimwear?  I swear, I feel like I look better naked than I do in a bikini sometimes.  I'm not sure what it is about them that seems to distort my body but my little trick is that I put it on and try not to look at myself in the mirror.  I just get comfortable wearing it because if I feel like I look comfortable, other people will think the same thing.  Do you know how you can just tell when someone feels awkward in a bathing suit?  It's so much more noticeable than if you look like you just don't care. 


Photobucket