Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Energize Your Life



I had a wonderful day and I hope you did as well. 

It's definitely sum-sum-sumertimmmmeeee here and I'm loving every bit of it. 

After a good nights rest on a belly full of crab, I was up and at um this morning and busted out an 8 mile run. 

Breakfast 

1/4 C Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 1/4 C Kashi Island Vanilla, Pear, Blackberries, Honey Banana Chobani, Almond Butter, Love Grown Walnut Spice Crunch 


Work work work…. and then lunch.

Lunch 


I went out to lunch with my co-worker and good friend Bryce.  Bryce had asked me the other day if I would help him out with some new healthy eating habits and wanted to tap into my knowledge to get some ideas on ways he can start incorporating a better diet.  He was still hung up on the college boy diet and realizes his body is not the same as it was 4 years ago.

I suggested we hit up Juice n' Java for a nice healthy lunch to kick off our convo.

Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie 

Small Greek Salad with Veggie Burger 

 Bryce went with his favorite, grilled cheese and tomato soup. Yeah, definitely still rocking the college boy diet but it's all about small steps. ;)


After I got done with work, I came home and did an Insanity workout.  Today was Core Cardio and Balance.  I'm not sure how I feel about this one.  I like it but it's not my favorite.

Dinner 


I am sure how I felt about dinner and that was totally infatuated….

Herbed Grilled Tofu and Vegetable Salad 

Grilled Vegetables (squash, asparagus, broccoli, zucchini) Grilled herbed tofu, avocado, sun dried tomatoes, arugula, hummus, balsamic 


Ever since I made the roasted vegetable salad from yesterday's lunch, I've been thinking about it non stop.  I figured I would try to recreate it for dinner tonight but step it up just a bit.  Grilling is so much better than roasting in the summer. 
I served my salad with some grilled pita and topped the warm veggies with fresh grated parmesan cheese. 
Amazing! 

As I was watching Oprah's last show today (did you watch??), I found myself completely engaged in her opening remarks.  Oprah talked about her experience with dealing with other's energy and how she fully believed that life is what you put into it.  "It's not what your mom did or what your dad didn't do, it's what YOU strive to achieve out of life." So true!  She also shared a quote that just might be one of my new favorites….

"Please be responsible for the energy that you bring into this room." 
I'm thinking I  need to find a print of this and hang it in my house.  


Photobucket