Friday, May 6, 2011

Colorful


There is one thing that I absolutely love about spring. 

Color! 

Everything from nature, to food, to the color in people's personalities just seems to come alive in the spring/summer months. 

Breakfast this morning served as a good example….


1/4 Cup Kashi Go Lean, 1/4 Cup Kashi Vanilla Island Wheat, 1/4 Cup TJs High Fiber Twigs, Berries, 1 TBL Vanilla Chobani


I also love that the sun is officially awake when I eat breakfast now so my pictures can now take advantage of natural light. 

I worked all morning in the office and anxiously awaited the noon hour when this lovely lady picked my up for….

Lunch 


Jess, my good friend and co-worker, insisted on taking me out for my b-day.  Even though my bday was almost a month ago, we never got the chance to celebrate.  Today was perfect, especially for outdoor dining. 

We went to The Brewhouse for a great lunch on the deck. 

I ordered the Scoop Salad- House made Tuna Salad on a bed of greens and sprouts with tomatoes, cucumber, hard boiled egg, and fruit


After a wonderful lunch, I headed on to my afternoon appointment.  On the way there, I suddenly got a major craving for something sweet and cold.  I contemplated a smoothie, but realized I could use a bit of caffeine to boost me through my afternoon.  Iced coffee it was! 


This Iced Coffee with Soy Milk and Sugar Free Almond tasted like an Almond Joy.  I sucked this down in less than 3 minutes. 

As soon as I got home, I realized the afternoon was yet to be over and it was way too gorgeous outside to not enjoy.  I had the brilliant idea to leash up Sammy and head to the dog park. 


We did a 2 mile trail…..


And loved every second of the warm sunshine.  So warm in fact, that the tank top finally emerged.



Oh summer, you are so near I can almost taste you! 

After our walk, I let Sammy play in the dog park for a little before we left.  Here is the thing about my dog.  He is not one to befriend other dogs.  Not that he is mean to them, he just could care less.  As soon as I put him in the park, a few puppies came running over to play.  He just sat there looking less than interested and then eventually jumped up on the picnic table to be by himself. 


I guess we didn't socialize him well with other dogs.  He is such a loner and so much more of a people person. 

I got home and worked up a fantastic dinner. 

Grilled Vegetables are one of my favorite things about summer.  There is really nothing I love more than eating an entire plate of sweet grilled veggies doused in balsamic vinegar. 

So that is exactly what I had….

Dinner
Grilled Vegetable Salad 


The mix included grilled asparagus, squash and bell peppers with the sweetest grilled pineapple.  I ate this on top of baby lettuce with beets and topped with goat cheese. The entire thing was then covered in raspberry balsamic.

Amazing!!

I also grilled up some pita bread to go along.


Salad, Bread, Wine.

Now where's the chocolate? 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 

Photobucket