Monday, May 9, 2011

Beaming with Sunshine


Waking up to beaming sunshine is a fantastic way to start a week in my opinion. 


Breakfast was slightly different today.  I mixed things up with 1/2 an Ezekiel English Muffin with Cinnamon Raisin PB…. 

 And a big bowl of fruit, Pineapple Chobani and a few TBL of Natures Path Granola.


So satisfying after a sweaty 8 mile run.

My day caused me to be out of the office for the majority.  In between appointments, I stopped into a SBux to check my mail and get some work done.

For using their Free Wi Fi, I ordered an obligatory menu item.

 Okay, this was the Strawberry Vivanno Smoothie.  Have you tried it yet?  I was NOT a fan.  Not really sure why because it sounded so good.  Strawberries, Banana, Protein Powder and Soy Milk.  Something just didn't taste right.  Maybe it was the protein they used?  Regardless, I didn't even finish half. I felt bad wasting $5 for this thing but I don't really like to force down food I don't enjoy.

A few hours later, I finally settled down for some real food….


Panera's Fugi Apple Salad (sans chicken).  This was much more reliably good.  As I was eating this salad, I realized how simple it was to make.  There is just a bit of romaine, a few tomatoes, some pecans, and red onion.  I think what makes it so good are those little apple chips.  They get me every time.

After a 9 hour day, I got home, practiced some bootcamp routines I'm working on, took Sammy for a nice long walk and then started my dinner.

1 Slice TJ's Sprouted High Protein Bread, Spinach Hummus, 1 egg, 1 egg white, Parm Cheese

This was sooooo good!!!  Eggs and hummus are fantastic.  Eggs, hummus and parmesan cheese are even better.

I also roasted up some brussels sprouts and broccoli to dip into leftover Black Bean Dip and Ketcup.  The broccoli went into the bean dip and the brussels into the ketchup.


The weather forecast for the next 3 days…...

LOVE!!! 

What is your favorite warm weather drink to order at SBux? I think I'll stick with coffee drinks for the Bux.  Iced Coffee is my favorite this time of year but I also love their Iced Passion Tea. 

Photobucket