Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On A Whim



Oh my, WHAT A DAY!!! 

To say my day was busy would be an understatement.  It was more like organized chaos. 

I began with a 5 mile run.  For some reason, my legs were just not into moving this morning.  I don't think I left enough time for them to rest because I was experiencing lead legs and had to stop a few times to stretch. 

I barely finished 5 miles and then hopped on the ET for 15 to finish out the hour. 

Breakfast: 


1/4 Cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 1/4 Cup Kashi Vanilla Island, 2 TBL Love Grown Granola, Blueberries, Blackberries, Almond Butter

I eat 1/2 a grapefruit every single morning with my cereal.  Since I'm really bad at hydrating after my workout, I find this is a good alternative.


It was after this that my day began to spiral into 12 million different directions.  I had to be 305964040 places at once and I don't think I even sat down at my desk until after lunch.

Speaking of…..

Lunch:

I was supposed to go out with my friend for lunch but had to cancel on her last minute when I found out I had to be somewhere at noon unexpectedly.  By the time I was done, it was going on 2pm and I was starving.

I rushed home and threw together whatever I could find to eat salad style.

Spinach, Tomatoes, Avocado, Broccoli, Homemade Black Bean Burger, Pineapple
The dressing was salsa and plain yogurt and I also threw in a few Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips on the side 

Thank goodness I'm creative because this salad was not only delicious but so filling although I think I threw it down in 15 min. 

So it seems to me that when one thing in my day goes haywire, the rest of the day is so out of whack.  I am such a planner but when something I plan gets away from me, I can't get back on track. 

Take for example dinner…..

I had NO idea what to make for dinner.  A few ideas swam through my head today but when it came down to the time, I went blank.  I wanted salad but then realized I had eaten the last of the lettuce with lunch.  I wanted to grill but then realized Toly wasn't home to light the grill.  I wanted eggs but then realized I was out. 

Hmmmmm……

I'm thinking it was Jessica who channeled this idea based on her recipe for Cheesy Artichoke French Bread she posted the other night. 

Dinner: 

Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Focaccia 


This was better than I imagined.

 I cut a wedge of Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Focaccia, spread one side with Basil Hummus, the other with a Laughing Cow Sun Dried Tomato Wedge.  Then I stuffed the bread with artichoke hearts and spinach and pressed in a grill pan for a few minutes.

It was simple but incredible!  On the side, I had a bowl of TJ's Rustica Sauce.  Half was used for dipping the sandwich, the other half I ate with a spoon like soup. Yes, I definitely eat tomato sauce with a spoon and I always have.  To me, it's not much different than tomato soup.


Wow, it's amazing how these last minute dinners really come together.  Even Toly commented on how good it looked! 


Tomorrow I shall be more planned.  Or perhaps not.  It seems like my spontaneity is paying off. 

Good night! 

What was the last meal you made on a whim?  Did it turn out? 

Photobucket