Monday, April 11, 2011

Flawless Week



Happy Monday! 

I love when I have a good Monday.  It always gives me hope that the entire week will be a good one.  Have you ever taken notice the last time you had a flawless week?  I'm talking about an entire 7 days of nothing but "good" days.  Not all of them have to be amazing, but not one of them is bad.  When I start Monday off with a bad day, I loose all hope in any kind of flawless week.  

Here's hoping this week is spotless! :) 

I rolled out of bed a little sore today.  Not sure if it was the added weight at Body Pump or all of the painting or both but my legs were feeling quite heavy. 

For some reason once I got them moving, I wanted to keep them moving.  I turned my normal run into a hard 7 miles.  Sometimes, my legs surprise me. :) 

Breakfast was a bowl of cereal….

1/4 Cup Multigrain Flakes, 1/4 Cup Barbaras Shredded Chex, 1/4 Cup Yogi Walnut Spice, Banana, Blackberries, 1 TBL Love Grown Foods Apple Walnut Granola, 1/2 tsp Mighty Maple 


A few days ago, Love Grown Foods sent me a few bags of their fantastic granola to sample…


Now I'm a pretty particular granola connoisseur so when I say this stuff is TOP OF THE LINE, I mean it! 

I can't help myself but to eat all of the huge chunks when I open a new bag and these bags are full of them.  I'm loving this granola so much! 

After breakfast, I got dressed for the best day we've had yet.  It was expected to reach mid 80's today so I broke out the skirt and open toed shoes. 

 And then I believe I scared the world with my pale legs but I didn't care, it was glorious to dress for summer!!

I worked all morning in the office and came home for a quick lunch before I had to run around for the rest of the afternoon.

Salad with lots of veggies, hummus, a few "chickenless" buffalo tenders

 And a shot glass of fruit

When I got home, Toly wanted to start on the basement right away, but I talked him into eating dinner first.  I knew once we got started it would be hard to stop.  

For the first time in almost a year, we fried up Webber (the grill) and basked in the glory of summer food. 

I made salmon sliders which were so much fun to eat. 

I had two different kinds: 

One with Mango Chutney and Avacaodo, One with Cucumber and Dill Sauce

Served on Whole Wheat Mini Buns

With a side of Sweet Potato Fries and some cantaloupe 

Maybe it's because these were mini but this whole meal was fantastic.  I loved how I got the best of both worlds.  I can never usually decided on what toppings to put on my burgers so these were a great way to have a little of everything. :) 

We spent the rest of the night painting the basement and actually got most of it done.  Toly relieved me of my duties because he said I killed it (in a good way)!  I painted all of the walls in 2 hours and now he is doing all the touch up work.  Whew, it feels good to have it almost done.  I can't wait for the carpet to go in on Wednesday and then it's complete! :) 

Hope you all started the week off right. 

Photobucket