Sunday, April 10, 2011

Like Its Her Birthday


Happy Birthday to Me!!!  

Today, I turned 25.  That's a quarter of a century!! 

To be honest, I actually kind of forgot about my birthday until a few days ago.  We've been so busy with everything house/work/life related that this year, I didn't have time to anticipate the excitement leading up. 

I would like to tell you that we spent my birthday weekend partying hard and livin' it up like most middled aged 20 year old's do.  

But we traded in the thought of drinks in hand for a paint brushes in hand and got to work….



The basement has been our latest DYI project.  When they built the house, they finished the basement, but we decided to paint it ourselves to save some money. 


After two days, it's completely primed, the ceilings, trim and doors are painted.  We just need to do the walls tomorrow and Tuesday and the carpet will be here on Wednesday.  

Even though this was the majority of our weekend, I can't say it was the highlight. 

Saturday: 

Before the painting party took place, I managed to squeeze in a class at the gym and breakfast. 

Fruit with Yogurt and Granola 

 Body Attack was fantastic!!  It's definitely my favorite class but I hardly ever get the change to take it anymore.

When I got home, I got to work!  We spent hours getting the primer on.

Eventually, I realized I was getting famished and broke for lunch.

Black Bean Burger on Spinach with homemade Guac and Mango Salsa

After hours of painting, Toly and I were exhausted and decided to rest up before our big dinner date.

For my birthday, Toly made reservations at a new restaurant I've been eyeing in Hershey called Harvest. Harvest is located inside The Hotel Hershey and specializes in using the freshest most local ingredients possible.  As soon as the waiter came to our table, he explained the concept and said that every single plate will have at least one locally grown ingredient but they strive to use as much as possible in everything.

As soon as he said this, I gave a little cheer! :)

Even the water was fresh.

I started with a glass of Zin. 


While Toly had his favorite, Blue Moon. 


I also forgot to mention that Hershey was going through Restaurant Week so the menu was a 3 course dinner for $30! 

My meal began with a Portobello Mushroom and Goat Cheese Salad 



 The main dish was a Pan Seared Salmon over a Spring Pea Puree, Grilled Asparagus and Crab Hash with a Lemon Blur Blanc Sauce.


This salmon was outstanding!  A WORLD of difference than the salmon I had gotten the night before.  It was so succulent and fresh and literally melted in my mouth.  I enjoyed every delicious bite.

Toly had the Pork Chop with Whipped Potatoes and Root Vegetables (which he gave to me).


 As good as our meals were, I think the real star of this dinner was dessert….

Toffee Heathbar Cheesecake.


This was soooooo good!  We couldn't bare to leave a crumb on this plate.

Dinner was fantastic and spending the night with the man I love most was even better.


My celebration didn't stop there.  Toly woke up early today to make me breakfast.


He made Eggs, Toast, and Fruit.

 What a sweet heart! :)

After breakfast, I went to Body Pump and realized that 25 feels much different than 24 in terms of lifting.  I felt much older after that class. :)

We had lunch plans with Toly's family this afternoon to celebrate his sister's, her hubby, and my birthday.  We all share birthday's a few days apart.


For lunch, I went with the Black Bean Burger on top of a Side Salad.


And for dessert, Toly brought me back a mini pudding from the buffet.  It was even birthday themed with sprinkles and all. :)

After lunch, I was relieved of painting duties for the afternoon and decided to buy myself some presents.  I did find a few new pair of shoes and spent the rest of my birthday money on groceries for the week. :)

Even though Toly offered to make dinner, he had been working so hard painting the basement all day that I told him I would take care of it.

I made us a birthday feast of Crab Legs, Cesar Salad and Roasted Asparagus.


So that was my day.  All in all, a great birthday.  Oh and I almost forgot, it's not quite over!  There is still carrot cake to be enjoyed over some DVR watching.  

Thank you for everyone's sweet birthday wishes.  I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends and family. :) 

Photobucket