Friday, March 4, 2011

Waiting to Exhale


I realize it's been quite some time since I've posted, but I have to say, this has been a pretty exhausting week on so many levels.  Physical, emotional, intellectual…..

Rather than unveil a daunting monster post with detailed play by plays, let's just sum it all up by saying BUILDING A HOUSE IS STRESSFUL!!  It will test your patience, your emotions and practically every fiber of your being.  It's down to the wire.  We're in the final final phases and although we run into little bumps, we're finally there! 

Toly and I decided to take the week off next week and we'll start progressively moving in.  I'm not sure when we'll actually be sleeping there (hoping by mid week) but by this time next week, we hope to be semi-settled in our new home!!!  

I'm elated!!!!  

Okay, so the past few days have been chaotic, so much that I don't even really remember what went down.  

Let's just let the pictures do the talking…..

Breakfasts…...









I've had lunch out for the past few days with some good friends. 

Seared Tuna Burger from Cafe Magnolia

Grilled Salmon Salad from Juice and Java 

One thing I absolutely remember about last week was getting one of the most incredible packages in the mail.  

My girl Allie sent me a box of her famous Alliebars!!! 


I kid you not when I say I have been dying to try these since the day she first created them.  I swear I was her biggest fan even before they got huge around blogland.  So needless to say, these Alliebars were quite the highlight of my week. 

Just as I expected, they lived up to their hype.  Holy goodness, these are incredible!  First, I have to comment on how perfect they are shaped.  I'm not sure about you, but whenever I make granola bars they turn out more like granola shapes.  The crunch was unbelievable.  Never have I had a bar that was so chewy and crisp at the same time. Allie, you've got a future in this and I'm behind you 100%! 

Dinners have been eaten randomly including leftovers as we try to eat our portion of the fridge.  We did however enjoy a fabulous date night this week, compliments of our BOGO coupon from Chipotle. 



Chipotle Salad with Fajita Veggies, All the Salsas and Guac 

I think they went a little generous on the hot salsa because my mouth was on fire after this.  Luckily, there is a Coldstone Creamery located next door to Chipotle.  This was obviously done on purpose. 


Coffee Ice Cream with Toffee and Carmel 

Well that's about all I have on my camera so I guess that sums up the week.  This weekend, we are planning to pack up here and move some things over to the new house.  It's going to be so busy and I know this week is going to fly by. I feel as though for the past month, I've been holding breath and feeling more tense than I ever have in my life. It's almost done though.  Before I know it, I'll be waking up in my brand new home and I can finally exhale. 



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been so stressed- but you must be SO excited-- owning a (new) home is such an incredible milestone!

    Have a great Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck moving and hang in there! If I could, I'd be there in a heartbeat to help!

    ReplyDelete