Sunday, March 6, 2011

Operation Move: Day 1




Yesterday, marked the first day in Operation Move! In case you may not know this, Toly and I have been building a house for the past 4 months, living with my parents for the past 5 months, and we are finally getting ready to move into the brand new home this week. 

Rather than pick one chaotic day or weekend to do it all, we decided to do the "smart" thing have take the entire week to progressively transition.  They are still finishing up some last minute things in the house but we're hoping by mid week, we'll be able to sleep there. 

Yesterday, the plan was to pick up the treadmill I had bought from Craig's List and move it to the new house.  We were also spending the day packing up my parents house. 

I wanted to get in a workout early because I knew the rest of the day would be busy.  There is an early morning Spin class on Saturdays at the gym that I love going to. 

Knowing how hungry Spin makes me, I loaded up with a balanced breakfast…..


Ekizel English Muffin- 1/2 with Cream Cheese and Strawberries, 1/2 with PB and mashed Banana

Berries and Yogurt with Crumbled Muffin Pieces 

Spin was great!!  I'm still so amazed how intense this cardio class is.  I never use to like the stationary bikes because I felt like it wasn't really doing anything for my HR but Spin is completely different.  I've never sweated from a workout more in my life.  

After class, I rushed home to meet the guys so we could go pick up the treadmill.  We made the switch with ease and now, all I have to do is get the machine into the basement.  Since the basement isn't finished quite yet, we just stuck it in the garage until later this week.

By the time we got home and I finally showered, I was starving for lunch.

Leftover Sweet Potato Black Bean Soup from Jen 

Jen made this soup a few days ago and sent me home with a few bowls.  It was delicious!!

Toly and I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out our room and packing as much as we could.  We actually got a good amount accomplished and now my car is stuffed with bins of shoes and clothes, waiting to be placed in their new home.

Later on, we decided to take a break for the rest of the night and headed out to dinner.

After some debate on where to go, we eventually decided on Brewhouse, which seems to be our consistent backup when we don't know where to go.  We always get a good meal there and are usually lured in by their weekend specials.

Cocktail hour…...
Pinot Grigo and Club Soda with Lime

After more debate over the menu, we both decided we were in the mood for Italian tonight….

I ordered the Gnocchi which came with Artichokes, Broccoli, and Sun Dried Tomatoes.  There was also a small amount of mascarpone cheese melted in the center that I removed.  It just didn't seem necessary to me for this dish. 


Our meals also came with side salads

Dinner was delightful and satisfying.  I usually don't go for heavy pasta meals but I was starving and this really hit the spot. 

Today, we have some more packing to do!  Tomorrow, the POD comes to the new house and we'll begin that process, which we anticipate will take a few days. 

Hope you're all having a great weekend!! 


Photobucket