Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet Escape



Happy Thursday!!  

I had the WORST dream last night.  I dreamt that our new house caught on fire and Toly and I had to move back in with my parents and start at square one!  Oy, it was a nightmare. 

I'm not sure if I was so embedded in this dream or my cell phone malfunctioned, but for some reason, I didn't hear my alarm go off at 4:20am.  I naturally woke up at 4:30am though so I was still able to get in a 6 mile run.  This should be my last real run before the race on Sunday.  I might do another mile or two just to loosen up my legs, but I'm planning to rest them up for the big day. 

Breakfast was a lovely bowl of berries and cereal. 

Yogi Cherry Almond Crunch, Kashi Go Lean, Honey Almond Granola, Berries, 1/2 banana, Chia, White CHocolate WOnderful (1tsp), Coconut (just a pinch) 


I never usually add coconut to my cereal bowls but I think I will start.  Just this tiny little pinch added sooo much fun to this bowl.

I had so much work to do today that I decided to eat at my desk and work right through.

Leftover Salad from yesterday's Office Party


I also ate 1/2 a pita and grabbed a few Terra chips that were left over as well.  Gosh these chips are good, and I am not a chip person by any means.

A little while later, I snacked on a Strawberry Chobani and some homemade granola that my coworker made.

After a long day of work, I finally managed to get home at a reasonable time and found 30 extra minutes to finally get some strength training in.  I have gotten so bad with strength training over the past couple weeks and usually just rely on Body Pump once a week.  Ideally, I like to do weight training 3x a week but it hasn't been happening.

I did 30 min of weights and felt okay with that.

Dinner was super quick and easy because our builder was scheduled to come over for a meeting.

I was craving eggs again!  Eggs make the best quick meal and even though we just had BFD last night, there are no rules when it comes to how many times you can eat breakfast for dinner in our home.  We do love our BFD's!
Scrambled eggs with Avocado 

I also split a Panera Blueberry Bagel with Toly and added cream cheese and raspberry jam.  Love that combo!

We ate really early and it didn't exactly fill me up so I'm not snacking on a bowl of cereal before bed.  

I am so excited for the weekend.  For some reason, I'm not feeling nervous about this race.  To be honest, I haven't had a lot of time to even think about it but when I was running the other day, I realized how much I just love to be in the act of running.  With the craziness that has been going on lately, running is my one release.  I'm starting to appreciate it as form of escape and I'm actually looking forward to spending 10 miles running along the beautiful streets of DC.  It will be fantastic ME time and that is exactly how I am seeing it. :) 

Ugh, it's late and I still have work to do.  :(  

Goodnight all! 

Photobucket