Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Party in the Office



I can't believe it's Wednesday already.  This week is flying by and I feel like I'm running out of time most days.  I'm usually the queen of prioritizing but lately, my schedule has been so jammed packed that I'm starting to feel just a tad overwhelmed.  I've said it before and I'll admit it again….

I'm a control freak.  When I sense the slightest sign of my super organized and schedule life going a bit haywire, I freak out just a bit.  Luckily, I managed to get myself a little more grounded today but not much.  April is going to be a crazy month. 

I spent a few extra minutes with the curling iron today and played with some hairstyles. 


Although this received many compliments, I was also refereed to as Farrah Fosset. Not sure how I feel about that. 

I think the hair inspiration was derived from a new outfit.  I don't know about you, but whenever I have new clothes to ware, I always feel like going the extra mile in the whole presentation (make-up, hair, jewelry, etc). 


 Breakfast was splendid per usual.

Diced Pear, Blackberries, Natural Apple Sauce, Vanilla Chobani, Kashi Go Lean, Pear Cashew Granola, Almond Butter w/flax


Many people tell me I inspire them to eat pears.  They really are a fantastic but forgotten fruit, especially in this form.  Try it people!

Work today was a blast!  I was put in charge to putting together monthly department lunch parties.  I actually blame myself for this duty because it was my bright idea.  But to be fair, I was hoping to have this responsibility because planning parties and entertaining is one of my favorite past times.

For the food, I did an easy pizza and salad buffet with some Wegman's homemade cookies for dessert.




My dear friend and co-worker Audi helped me tremendously put everything together.  Love this girl!!


 I filled up on salad, Terra Chips and Pretzels and a slice of pizza crust.

We ate, we played Office Pictionary, we laughed our butts off and had a great time! I truly believe that making the workplace a fun and inviting atmosphere is essential.  I'm so lucky to work with such a great group of people but we are all SO BUSY in marketing that we tend to loose track of one another.  These monthly luncheons are a perfect way to reconnect.



After the party, I had to rush out for some presentations that lasted well into the late afternoon.  When I got home, I had some more work to catch up on (I told you things are so crazy at work) and by the time I was done answering emails it was going on 6pm and I was starving.

I'm so happy to report that Wednesday Night BFD is BACK IN ACTION!

 Oh my egg sammy how I've missed you!

1 slice TJ's Whole Wheat Tuscan Bread, Dijon, Roasted Asparagus, Scrambled Egg, Avocado and Jam

By the way, eggs and jam is quite the jam in case you didn't know. ;) 

I also roasted a boat load of brussels sprouts. 



This didn't stand a chance.  There is no food left behind when it comes to BFD! 

As Toly bit into his egg sammy tonight, he remarked, "this is wonderful!"  And with that, I have to agree. ;) 

Time to update the ipod and unplug for the evening. 

Night! 
Photobucket