Friday, April 1, 2011

Fly By Friday



Thank goodness this week is over!!!  It was a doozy for me and I'm so looking forward to a few days to unwind, get away, and not stress or think or worry. 

I woke up today and decided it has been a little while since I've honored waffle Friday.  Naturally, I rectified the situation by making killer waffles. 


2 Van's Whole Wheat Belgian Waffles with Vanilla Chobani, Berries, Almond Butter, Sprinkle of Granola

"If music be the food of love, play on!" ~Shakespeare 

Not only was my breakfast off the hook, apparently, so was my motivation for looking fly today….


I had to do some traveling today in the rain (reason for the hat) and also reason for the necessary Starbucks stop.

Lunch had to be eaten in my car and on the way to my first presentation.  I had to speak at noon and wasn't going to have a break for awhile, so I split lunch into two parts. 

Part 1: at 11:30am….

1/2 Pita with Hummus, Spinach, Sprouts, Smoked Salmon


And on my break, I ate Part 2:

Black Cherry Chobani and a Pear

When I got home, I got to work right away on dinner.  Jen and Brian and the kids were coming over and I didn't have much time to put together a fancy meal, but somehow I pulled it off.

I have been wanting to make Seafood Lasagna for as long as I can remember, but I've never attempted.


I followed this recipe  and surprisingly, it came out FANTASTIC! 

I also made a side salad and we enjoyed the completely meal with fresh bread and merlot.  


Unfortunately, my camera disappeared after this picture so I can't show you the unbelievable peanut butter pie that Jen made or any other pictures of the night for that matter. 

Tomorrow we leave for DC.  I'm just really looking forward to getting away for the night and then the Cherry Blossom Race is on Sunday morning.  Can't wait!!! 

Hope you all have a nice weekend! 

Photobucket